autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To: Wash Your Car with 2 Gallons of Water – Pinnacle Style

Quote Originally Posted by IAtegeler View Post
    mixed up 3oz product to 32ox of water to pre soak my panels. this stuff seems to be super slick so far. I think I am going to like it when I give it a try
    Great point! 3 ounces of Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash to 32 ounces of water makes a great quick detail spray.

Quote Originally Posted by willtothewong View Post
    Did not take any pictures but coming strictly from ONR for the past 4 years or so, the first thing I notice about Pinnacle's rinseless was the smell. Fruity, but not too fruity is the best way I can describe it.
    The scent is mango.

Quote Originally Posted by willtothewong View Post
    But while I didn't notice any additional cleaning power over ONR, it feel smoother while I wiped with my soaked MF towel. I used the Gary Dean Wash Method, aka one MF towel per panel then discard for a new one for another panel.

I've used this method for both ONR and Pinnacle's Rinseless.

As for the gloss, it did amp up the shine a bit but MY main reason I purchased this product was the fact that I do not have to worry if my protection will last long. Since this has carnuba in it, I figure it will only put back what the wash took off in the first place.

I do not know if this could serve as a true LSP but I am sure it wont hurt the current LSP you may have on your car.
    Cleaning power is equal to ONR, but like you mentioned the Pinnacle is going to restore any protective properties that could have possibly been lost from washing the vehicle. The gloss and slickness that Pinnacle Liquid Gloss imparts on your paint is an added bonus.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the older version on bogo and found that it tends to stain my wash medias like the older onr. Is this something that was addressed on the new formula?

I have used the older version of onr and some duragloss rinseless and have found that duragloss rinsless leaves my media almost as clean as it was before and a lot of the nasty stuff on the bottom of my 2nd bucket.

Using the pinnacle rinseless, I have washed my vehicle several times, once or twice a week, and the media gets more dirty than water/bottom of my second bucket.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I got this a my free pinnacle gift. i Tried it out this weekend. I really like the smell and slickness. Great product and great shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bl3ujay07 View Post
    I bought the older version on bogo and found that it tends to stain my wash medias like the older onr. Is this something that was addressed on the new formula?
    The only thing that's changed is the size of the bottle - the formula remains the same. The staining on your wash media doesn't mean the dirt is still actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by Krh View Post
    I got this a my free pinnacle gift. i Tried it out this weekend. I really like the smell and slickness. Great product and great shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    The only thing that's changed is the size of the bottle - the formula remains the same. The staining on your wash media doesn't mean the dirt is still actually there.

But if the dirt is not in the rinse bucket, then it has to be somewhere.

I washed a different car with the same wash media (probably shouldnt have) with CG Citrus wash and gloss and it actually cleaned the towel. Since the other car was dirty i am not going to say that all the dirt and stuff at the bottom of the rinse bucket is from the previous Pinnacle rinseless wash, but some has to be since my wash media got cleaned again right?

Has there been anyone else the experienced this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bl3ujay07 View Post
    But if the dirt is not in the rinse bucket, then it has to be somewhere.

I washed a different car with the same wash media (probably shouldnt have) with CG Citrus wash and gloss and it actually cleaned the towel. Since the other car was dirty i am not going to say that all the dirt and stuff at the bottom of the rinse bucket is from the previous Pinnacle rinseless wash, but some has to be since my wash media got cleaned again right?

Has there been anyone else the experienced this?
    What you are seeing is the polymers staining the towel. If it is gritty or rough where the stains are on the towel, then you're not rinsing the towel enough. These stains will be removed once you wash the towels with a microfiber detergent.

Post Thanks / Like

Why this over ONR Wash & Wax?

any advantage?

Post Thanks / Like

I went out and did a rinsless wash with this last night. My car had just been 2 bucket washed a week ago so it was just covered in dust and a few bugs. first impression was the smell and how slick it felt. I mixed 3Oz into 32Oz of water to pre soak panels before I went to work.

I used the GDWM and it worked great. I did notice I had to work 1 panel at a time or it would dry very fast. Not a big deal as a QD would take off any residue. and it worked surprisingly well on the glass to leave behind a streak free shine! overall I did enjoy doing the rinsless wash with this product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rez90 View Post
    any advantage?
    Yes, this:

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for safe winter washing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast