autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Don't wash car !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Insane... someone just brought a brand new Hyundai Veloceter by my place to have a look at some 'marks' on the hood that they noticed after the dealer had 'prepped the car'. It looked like someone was pretty rough when removing the shipping protection that was stuck to the car and left a ton of scratches on the hood... plus the rest of the car was completely swirled out... it had 150 miles on it

I told the salesman at the dealership last year when I took delivery of my Genesis Coupe not to wash it or detail it, he said his manager wouldn't let the car leave unwashed, I told him to tell his manager to buy the car himself then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having worked at a dealership for awhile I can tell you I would be shocked when our brand new cars would come in and we would put them under the lights and most people don't even know their hoods on their brand new cars are filled with long very hard to see scratches.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Got an oil change at the dealer today, had a sign posted. Pretty sure the service guy thought I was nuts, but they didnt wash it

Post Thanks / Like

Better for the service guy to think you're nuts than to go nuts fixing damage that should never have been inflicted.

An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.
    My Versa probably looks better than yours

5. Likes RiverDog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to make a few of these signs in English AND Spanish...

7. Likes RiverDog liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigez View Post
    I'm going to make a few of these signs in English AND Spanish...
    That is a Great idea!!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to make signs for the car. But my dealership knows me long enough not to touch it.

In fact, last time the car was there the SM came up to me when I came to pick the car up and said that there was a "problem". I was thinking oh no, it didn't pass inspection. Then he says, "we washed your car by accident"....

He suddenly busted out laughing and said the look on my face was priceless.

Yes, my dealership makes wash jokes at my expense

FYI- one time I had a loaner for 3 days (another car I had was having a bluetooth issue). When I got the loaner home I immediately detailed the entire interior... it was DISGUSTING!!!!!
    FOOD all over the floors, dog slobber on the windows, and something sticky had obviously been spilled on the center console and never cleaned up.

When I took the loaner back 3 days later I told them what I had found in it and told them I did a full interior detail to it.

All I said was they need to look at the loaners a little more closely. That was it. They were mortified. That I think was when they knew I was a nut-job and I never had to put a no wash sign in the car again.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    FYI- one time I had a loaner for 3 days (another car I had was having a bluetooth issue). When I got the loaner home I immediately detailed the entire interior... it was DISGUSTING!!!!!
    FOOD all over the floors, dog slobber on the windows, and something sticky had obviously been spilled on the center console and never cleaned up.
    umm... I would have taken the loaner back and asked for another one.

btw... I was at my dealer yesterday and I am proud to say that my car looked better than the one they had prepped for delivery
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c8n View Post
    umm... I would have taken the loaner back and asked for another one.

btw... I was at my dealer yesterday and I am proud to say that my car looked better than the one they had prepped for delivery
    I could have, but this was more embarrassing to them.
    And not sure if any other loaner would have been better. I notice now I get brand new cars from them as loaners LOL

No doubt yours looked better
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why some of these dealers get upset. It's less work for them! I had the same conversation with my salesman. He just looked at me funny and said "You're the boss!". Haven't taken delivery of my new car yet (waiting for it to be built!). He said the only thing he needs to do is do an inspection before he's allowed to let me have it (I assume to protect them if I were to come back with a big dent in the door and claim it happened in shipping). He even said I was welcome to watch them to the inspection! The Dealer should be accommodating. If they aren't, find another one. Is the extra drive really longer than the time spent fixing it?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast