autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Keep Your Car Looking Its Best Using Alternative Ways To Traditional Washing

Incredibly well written with documented pictures showing the process of how to properly perform each step.

This should be stickied for all to see.

You knocked this one out of the park Marc. Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Keep Your Car Looking Its Best Using Alternative Ways To Traditional Washing

Amazing thread Marc! Filled with great information and easy links, this should be a must read for everyone!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed

Very Nice job Marc.. as many other have said, thanks for the time to do the write -up, nice job with the pictures and the links are great. Been thinking about using this menthod between full washes, looks like it is doable with the correct tools.
    Great job.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice article. I've been rinseless (ONR, GDM) since Jan, '13.

I tried the Megs Wash 'n Wax Anywhere. It just didn't seem cost effective for me. I used approx. 3/4 of a bottle on my Suburban. I figured I could go to the Lazer wash for about the same money.

I love rinseless washes. I use about 10-15 towels per wash. I noticed just a very few straight line scratches at first. A little adjustment in the way I was using the towels solved the problem for me. I do not wring out the microfiber, just take it out of the bucket dripping.

I too was "Old School" about washing my paint. I highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

My question is I thought this method of quick detailing is extremely fround upon to use to remove dust or ect... do to the high degree that you might possibly scratch the car? I personally don't use quick detailers much only as a drying aid that supposedly prevents from the ability for marring or swirling from happening. So basically I would like some feedback on wethere this is acually true or wethere I can try this mthod without having to worry about swirling or marring supposedly suppost to happen by doing this method. It looks like an easy mmethod and less wasteful at that.... so any feedback is welcome I have buckets upon buckets wirth of rinseless washes but again I get them and they just sit in a bucket unless I use them for claying my car or to be used as drying aid because do to what people have said about them so some advice here please thanks in advanced, The deta

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the compliments!! I really hope this helps some people especially the ones that are afraid to try these alternative methods like how I was before.

I would still prefer to use a 2 bucket method with traditional car soap but my living situation doesn't allow me to. Sad huh? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by steamshooter View Post
    I tried the Megs Wash 'n Wax Anywhere. It just didn't seem cost effective for me. I used approx. 3/4 of a bottle on my Suburban. I figured I could go to the Lazer wash for about the same money.

I too was "Old School" about washing my paint. I highly recommend it.
    I also thought that the Meguiar's Wash and Wax Anywhere was very expensive. That's what lead to me to look at the UWW+. Here's my how-to do waterless wash and a review on UWW+:
    Review & How-To: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus

Glad to know you're also a convert. It's really hard to take that first step in trying rinseless/waterless/QD but once you do and do it correctly, you will always wonder why you haven't done it any sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by the deta View Post
    My question is I thought this method of quick detailing is extremely fround upon to use to remove dust or ect... do to the high degree that you might possibly scratch the car? I personally don't use quick detailers much only as a drying aid that supposedly prevents from the ability for marring or swirling from happening. So basically I would like some feedback on wethere this is acually true or wethere I can try this mthod without having to worry about swirling or marring supposedly suppost to happen by doing this method. It looks like an easy mmethod and less wasteful at that.... so any feedback is welcome I have buckets upon buckets wirth of rinseless washes but again I get them and they just sit in a bucket unless I use them for claying my car or to be used as drying aid because do to what people have said about them so some advice here please thanks in advanced, The deta
    QD'ing is definitely not frowned upon. If it is, you will not see it being talked about here in the detailing forums. In addition, companies and retailers will not make QD products. QD has its limits and you just have to use your best judgement to see what you can QD or not.

Like I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    As a person who was absolutely terrified on using these alternative methods, I want to say that these products work and they work extremely well. The most important thing is that it doesn’t scratch the paint more than your traditional washing method provided you use the right technique and common sense. If you haven’t tried these AMAZING products yet, you need to give them a shot. I promise you that you won’t be disappointed.
    I use the waterless wash technique laid out here and what I linked in this reply above when I do QD. I've been doing it for almost a year now and I haven't seen any additional swirls.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice writup. I really need to try some of these Rinseless washes. Ive just been to scared to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washes certainly are great for light dirt. I just did my second rinseless wash today. I like that I can do them in the sun without water spots because I can just wet one panel at a time. The best way that I have found is to use a MF chinelle wash mit as the wash media, then dry with a waffle weave towel damp with a detail spray. The detail spray I use makes a great streak free finish and contains some wax, so I am drying and waxing all in one.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Garry Dean method with about 10-12 thick-nap microfiber towels. Change each section of each towel as you clean one panel to ensure no dirt gets rubbed on the paint. No need for a grit guard either- just throw each towel into the hamper after each panel.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used nor think a grit guard is needed as long as you don't stick the sponge/mitt to the bottom of the bucket dredging up the dirt.
    2013 Nissan Sentra SL (Arctic White)
    2013 Nissan Altima S (Metallic Grey)
    2012 Toyota Corolla S 5 speed (White)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast