autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Got asked for invoice to show how I came up with my price

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Envy View Post

I've read a lot on here and haven't found my answer but I got am account for my first fleet service doin interiors for 23 semi's and I gave them a price and they asked me for an invoice to show how I came up with that price and well I have no science for it just gave a price I felt comfortable with.

That's the most important thing because the last thing you want to do is clean their dirty Semi Trucks and be unhappy at the end of the day.

Tell them what you posted here, that is you charge $125.00 for interior only on something of this type and size.

Detailing clean interiors isn't any fun. Detailing ANY interior that NEEDS detailing is less fun.

If you don't need the work then stick to your quote and if they don't like it then go after other work that you like and get the price you want.

A lot of detailers I've met in my life don't like doing interiors so they quote high prices in an effort to scare the customer away so they don't have to do it. Often enough the people will say "yes" and then the detailer gets the price he's comfortable with even though they tried to get out of it.

Weird how that works...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by master detailer View Post
    hourly rate is the best way to go.the drivers know they dont have to clean so they dont care how they leave it.The worse it is the more time the more time more money. If it was me it would be 40.00 hr and I pay for the stuff I use. then when they get a big bill on some of them they will tell the drivers to clean up a little .to keep the price down.
    I'm afraid if you told a fleet account $40 an hour they would think they could find someone a lot cheaper. They probally don't even pay their drivers that much per hour

I bet it's a stinky job....big nasty, sweaty, greasy truck drivers and all....I would wear a hazmat suit
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like
    3 hrs for the first one and 6 on the second one. Didn't rush on either truck though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm afraid if you told a fleet account $40 an hour they would think they could find someone a lot cheaper. They probally don't even pay their drivers that much per hour

I bet it's a stinky job....big nasty, sweaty, greasy truck drivers and all....I would wear a hazmat suit
    I think they teased me with the nice new truck first then gave me the very abused one next.

Post Thanks / Like

Get a template off Microsoft templates. List Truck interior 125.00/each
    Below that list:
    Clean and extract carpets, vacum head liner, clean and condition leather seats, clean and seal glass, etc

Fuel, travel, set up, chemicals and machiery included
    If you are using a genrator and you water list, utilities and water provided a no additional charge. (Everyone loves something for free.)

I would add a sticker in the door jam with your business name, nunber and what you do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35x View Post
    Below that list:
    Clean and extract carpets, vacum head liner, clean and condition leather seats, clean and seal glass, etc

If you are using a genrator and you water list, utilities and water provided a no additional charge. (Everyone loves something for free.)

I would add a sticker in the door jam with your business name, nunber and what you do!

This sounds like a good idea thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Why not take this as an opportunity to calculate your profit potential based on your costs and the price you are charging? That being said, this information the client is not looking for.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35x View Post

Below that list:

That's sounds easy enough to do and also keeping it simple...

Link to specific template for the benefit of other members?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    Just tell the you charge x amount for a truck interior x 23 the amount you are doing minus y (their volume discount wink,wink) = the price you gave them.
    This is the best suggestion, especially if after doing a couple of them you still like your price.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I would do that seems to be overlooked here. If the account is a contract have in there you have to do it x amount of times per year. The first time will be a bugger but after you get them in order it will be easier and faster. A contract for 4 time times a year $$, twice a year $$$$$$

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast