autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

How to use the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems

How to use the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems

Wash, rinse and go with CR Spotless Water Systems!

Behind the scenes, I get a lot of phone calls and e-mails asking me a wide variety of questions about car detailing. Without exception, the most common phone call or e-mail I get is from someone who has discovered water spots on and in their car's thin, delicate clear coat finish.

First they tell me their problem, (water spots on their car), and then ask me how to fix the problem?

Keep in mind, the majority of these people contacting me are people finding me because of my multiple articles on removing water spots on multiple forums now dating back to 2004.

Most of these people found me doing a Google search and most of these people don't own an electric polisher nor know how to use one. They're not really car enthusiasts like those of us that hang out on detailing discussion forum because this is or hobby or business, they're just regular folks trying to figure out a way to fix their water spot problems.

It's never any fun explaining to some distraught car owner that in order to remove the water spots off of and out of their car's paint they're going to need to,

• Purchase a polisher and compound or polish their car's paint.

• Hire someone to compound or polish their car's paint.

And of course, most of you reading this understand perfectly well what it means to try to find a detailer that actually knows what they're doing that can remove the water spots without at the same time hacking the paint up with zillions of swirls.

Even if the owner does it themselves or hires a real pro to do it for them, compounding and polishing the paint removes a measurable amount of the precious clear top coat layer that embodies all the factory UV inhibitors to protect the paint from clear coat failure over the service life of their car.

I can't even begin to count how many people have contacted me over the years with water spotting problems.

With the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems you can avoid all the hassles and the risks of water spots by filtering your rinse water first and then rinsing off your,

• Cars
    • Trucks
    • SUVs
    • Boats
    • Watercraft
    • Motorcycles
    • RV's & Motorhomes
    • Airplanes
    • Homes and home windows
    • Patio furniture
    • Bicycles
    • And anything that you wash that's important to you!

Besides removing the risk of Type I, Type II and even Type III water spots from forming, with the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems you don't have to limit yourself to only washing your car in the shade like early morning or late evening, now you can wash your car in direct sunlight with no water spotting problems.

Check it out on Autogeek.net

CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems

I need to get one of these for my apartment. I always have to wake up really early to wash my truck or wait until late afternoon to avoid water spots.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the CR set up and its a real life saver especailly when doing RV's and black cars/trucks. I don't use it all the time because of cost but when I have a brand new black Cad Escalade and have to wash it in the sun, you be your sweet bippy I'm busting out the CR system.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this on TV over the weekend. Looks like a pretty neat product. This would be a great thing to have to wash my black 70 vette and my wife's black 07 H3.

Post Thanks / Like

how long the filter would last? let's say you wash both of your black car every week?

it is preferable to use the foam gum, fill your water bucket with regular water then use the system when you rinse?

maybe i would trande my MB3 for this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fr_demari View Post
    how long the filter would last? let's say you wash both of your black car every week?

it is preferable to use the foam gum, fill your water bucket with regular water then use the system when you rinse?

I have the same question.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use the CR Spotless Water De-ionization Systems

Quote Originally Posted by fr_demari View Post

How long a cartridge lasts before needing to be recharged is dependant on the quality (TDS) of the water in your area. The higher the TDS (total dissolved solids) the shorter the life span. If you know your TDS (give your local water company a call) you can calculate the life span of the cartridge. That said also keep in mind that the resin has a life span of about a year and after that will start to slowly lose its ability to filter out the solids. I have pretty hard water and still manage to get over a year of bi weekly washes on two cars.

As for method, wash however you would do normally just replace your rinse cycle with the CR unit attached. I use a pressure washer with quick connects and before rinse just hook up the CR in-line as follows. Garden hose to CR then short 5ft hose to pressure washer. this keeps me from having to run the CR longer waisting water to clear the non DI water from 50ft of hose.

FYI... like Mike said in the video if your doing it on a hot day in direct sun you need to work fast as the wash water will dry and leave spots before you do the rinse. For best results I would still recommend washing in the shade as usual if possible then moving it into the sun to speed up the drying process. Additionally you will be amazed how little correction your paint will need after a few months of washing using this method. No touch drying keep the marring and swirls away! Been using DI products for almost 15 years now. One wash and I was hooked for good. One last thing all the chrome, black plastic and rubber trim always seems to look much better after a DI rinse.
    Last edited by stibuki; 07-10-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Mike Phillips

How did you like the video quality?

Watch it again, forget about the guy talking, check out the high quality of the actual presentation.

Our Tech Guru Yancy did all the filming running two cameras and did all the video editing, audio editing, graphics, intro, music and ending.

I tell you what I think, Yancy is one very talented guy...

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, it's a good thing Opie isn't here anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, what's with all the centering rings and washers? I have the older system with the gray housings (the largest one, so it has bigger cartridges), and it doesn't have any of that stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast