autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Ceramiclear Paints - Be Careful

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter09 View Post
    Is the live show this Thursday?

Haven't even discussed with management or Yancy about doing a live broadcast of the 1967 Mustang if that's what you're talking about?

Sign-up: 1967 Mustang GTA Fastback - Show Car Makeover!

If and when we do a Live Broadcast we usually promote it a week ahead of time and you'll see me mention it at the bottom of the forum homepage plus in the actual sign-up thread.

Haven't seen much in the way of "discussion" in the last few we did nor any requests for any in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Just read through this. I have nothing to add, but I learned a lot! Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello-
    I was approached by my boss to do her 07 MB S Class with C040 paint. It has some light scratches on the hood and oxidation as its an unmaintained DD. Will something like BFTPS on a white pad on a GG6 clean it up?
    Im not aiming for 90% but I do want to make it look nice
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna SF4000 may be better

Sent from my DROID3

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRam View Post
    Hello-
    I was approached by my boss to do her 07 MB S Class with C040 paint.

It has some light scratches on the hood and oxidation as its an unmaintained DD. Will something like BFTPS on a white pad on a GG6 clean it up?

Im not aiming for 90% but I do want to make it look nice
    thank you

The Blackfire Total Polish and Seal is a one-step cleaner/wax and I wouldn't try to use a one-step cleaner/wax to remove defects or maintain a Ceramiclear finish.

Get the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze. Then seal with a non-cleaning wax or paint sealant.

Don't skimp on abrasive technology

The paint is already too thin from the factory in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

This was my first job with ceramic clear. This is a Mercedes benz C class imported from Germany.Client told me car have a ceramic clear & Car was buffed by some body else before I detail it. As you guise told I have used foam pad with Meguiar's Dual action polish but it didn't work out so I moved ahead and used wool pad with meguiar's Diamond cut on a small portion. It worked great. I am also uploading a before after image of car's trunk-lid. I don't know weather I did right or wrong but client liked the car. Was there anything else that I can do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ceramiclear Paints - Be Careful-img_20140220_123149-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by surajprasade View Post
    This was my first job with ceramic clear. This is a Mercedes benz C class imported from Germany.Client told me car have a ceramic clear & Car was buffed by some body else before I detail it. As you guise told I have used foam pad with Meguiar's Dual action polish but it didn't work out so I moved ahead and used wool pad with meguiar's Diamond cut on a small portion. It worked great. I am also uploading a before after image of car's trunk-lid. I don't know weather I did right or wrong but client liked the car. Was there anything else that I can do?
    Looks god
    To be honest there is no right or wrong while doing this job, All paints I treated them differently because what may works in one car doe not mean will dictate how to correct a specific type of paint. You do what needs to be done to get it done!!!!!

Mike Phillips

I have used foam pad with Meguiar's Dual action polish but it didn't work out
    I've used M83 for years, probably decades and it's a quality polish but you would have to use it with a foam cutting pad to get good cutting action out of it, especially with a DA Polisher.

I don't think you mentioned what type of tool you're using? My guess is a rotary buffer.

so I moved ahead and used wool pad with meguiar's Diamond cut on a small portion. It worked great.
    Yep... sounds like you're using a rotary buffer since you said you used a wool pad with M85 Diamond Cut Compound.

Was there anything else that I can do?

Hope you re-polished with something less aggressive than the compound and the wool pad and even switched to a dual action polisher or my guess is you left holograms all over the paint on this Mercedes-Benz.

Mike Phillips

I was just on the Autogeek Detailing 101 group and saw a post showing a guy wetsanding his Mercedes-Benz.

I DON'T know that the paint on his Mercedes-Benz has the Ceramiclear finish on it or not, I did ask him?

But here's the deal, if you wetsand the factory finish on a Mercedes-Benz that has the factory Ceramiclear finish...

My guess is you just completely removed the fumed mica component of the paint that made the paint swirls and scratch resistant.

You couldn't pay me to sand on a Ceramiclear finish and I've owned two cars with this paint system.

Just a heads-up... don't wetsand everything that pulls into your driveway, do some research first.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast