autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramiclear Paints - Be Careful

Do you guys put these live broadcasts on you tube

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Just to tag on...

I have a Mercedes-Benz coming up that has the factory Ceramiclear finish plus it's black and all swirled out.

Have pictures and will get to them as I can...

Looking forward to this! in the meantime, I ordered some Menzerna SF4000 as you suggested and will try a test spot as soon as I get it.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post

Do you guys put these live broadcasts on you tube

Yes.

Here's the link to the list of all the live broadcasts we've done showing a wide variety of car projects.

Just to note, because these are shot live, there is no script, all the way through each live broadcast I share lots of tips and techniques. Basically, as we're working through each car project, if the opportunity arises to share something you'll see me call to Yancy to bring the camera in and capture the tip or technique.

Autogeek's Thursday Night Live Broadcast YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes, at least some of them but just to note they work equally well on any paint system I've worked on.

I've invited Ken to bring his car to Autogeek for a Thursday Night Live Broadcast in February, it has a Ceramiclear finish, (I checked the paint code), and is in need of a little TLC

Same color and paint that's on my 10 benz... I'll be looking forward to the video

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just tried Menzerna SF4000 with BuffnShine White Pad on my ceramiclear 07 Benz, one pass and I was able to remove about 99% of swirls. The deeper random scratches (RIDS) are still present. Might need to get more aggressive ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desiz View Post
    Just tried Menzerna SF4000 with BuffnShine White Pad on my ceramiclear 07 Benz, one pass and I was able to remove about 99% of swirls. The deeper random scratches (RIDS) are still present. Might need to get more aggressive ?
    Unless it's a show car where you're being judged on paint perfection, 99% is pretty darn good. Chasing that last % just abrades away 99% of your perfectly good clearcoat.

Which B&S white did you use? I'm guessing the euro foam, but they have 3 white pads depending on size. One is a heavy cut, one is a fine polishing pad, and the euro foam is supposed to be right around the cut of the green open cell pad, maybe a little more aggressive.

If you used the euro foam, did you happen to compare it to the green open cell?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SR99 View Post
    Unless it's a show car where you're being judged on paint perfection, 99% is pretty darn good. Chasing that last % just abrades away 99% of your perfectly good clearcoat.

Which B&S white did you use? I'm guessing the euro foam, but they have 3 white pads depending on size. One is a heavy cut, one is a fine polishing pad, and the euro foam is supposed to be right around the cut of the green open cell pad, maybe a little more aggressive.

If you used the euro foam, did you happen to compare it to the green open cell?
    Good advice, yes you're right I'm probably going to leave as is and go with this method on the whole car unless the master / Mike has a better idea!

(Didn't have the green one)
    White heavy polishing pad
    Flat face for full surface contact.
    Foam Type: European Prepolymer
    Size: 5.5" x 1

Post Thanks / Like

Just to share..

I work on MBZ and BMW`s everyday at the shop. When I do any correction or swirl remover on any of these cars, most likely will try Meg`s correction kit first, WHY? because looks like the best quick good option to get the job done.
    I have done several spot corrections on SL, E and C class I mean dealerships cars that got brought to us for fix this minor "imperfections" (that's how they call it)
    Another product I use that works as well is M105 with LC orange or pink pad follow it by M205 with a white LC pad. It will depend on how bad the car is, actually I like to have just a few products that works so I don`t make my life so complicated.
    I`m always behind the painters because they have less sense of a swirl free finish (at least at my shop) so my boss know I will take care of them after they send the car to me for final detailing and clean up.

I do found at the beginning working at the collision shop that these MBZ and BMW`s are not easy at all to correct and they take a good amount of time to get done properly. I`m not an expert like some of the guys here but asking and reading HERE!!! has improve my skills a lot.
    I`m able to work on these types of paints everyday for about a month and a half now so all in this thread is really helpful to anyone!!! who works or take care of the ceramiclear technology.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a picture of what you need to look for on MBZ to identify if the car has ceramiclear or not. The C on the paint code is the identifier on the tag on the drivers door right next to the year of manufacturing (always there on MBZ)

I hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ceramiclear Paints - Be Careful-paint-code-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the live show this Thursday?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast