autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Key Repair-Step by Step Procedure

CeeDog did a comparison between Reload and permanon and it is on youtube.

12345673999's Channel - YouTube
    Last edited by 604_Snooze; 11-30-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: additional info

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Permanon Platinum is a nano spray coating similar in properties to ReLoad. The cool thing about it is that you can spray it on and blow it off or dry it off with a towel. It is a great choice for things like the barrels of wheels that you would normally have to pull in order to access well. Not with this, spray on, blow off..done! Google "permanon review" and you'll see one that I did. It is listed here too, but may get pulled.
    The PP is sold as a concentrate. You mix between 5 to 10% product with 90-95% distilled water. It takes very little. The key is to spray it on evenly and lightly. I saw that application method on a You Tube video about Permanon and tried that method. I love it. You use far less and get great results.

That, too, is my choice of gauge and I highly recommend it. Several people on here and elsewhere have purchased one on my recommendation and have been very happy with it.
    Thanks for posting the vid too.
    Appreciate the info. Im dead broke now after my weekend of spending on products id been saving up for just for BF weekend...but the PTG will probably be next in line.

Dont happen to have a video on how to use one do you?

Quote Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
    CeeDog did a comparison between Reload and permanon and it is on youtube.

12345673999's Channel - YouTube

Interesting....looks like reload at least held up better for sheeting. Does reload get sprayed on just like Permanon?
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post
    Appreciate the info. Im dead broke now after my weekend of spending on products id been saving up for just for BF weekend...but the PTG will probably be next in line.

Dont happen to have a video on how to use one do you?

On using the paint gauge? No, but it's easy. You just place it against the surface flat and wait for the beep and corresponding readout.

Interesting....looks like reload at least held up better for sheeting. Does reload get sprayed on just like Permanon?
    ReLoad is just like Aquawax or a spray on detailer. Spray, wipe, buff. You can do the same with PP as well or blow it off after spraying it on. I've had better results with mine than Corey has...don't know why??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
    There used to be a post about permanon here, maybe deleted by AG

Richy's review of permanon
    Permanon Review - YouTube

For paint meter, I have the highline meter II
    Nice Video, not too change the subject but I like the fact that you have VAN HALEN playing in the background lol Sweet.

I have a Lexus with a similar problem would like to PM you with some pics of the damage it really doesn't look that bad I manage to buff out a lot with my DA but one bigger scratch remains

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Blu View Post
    Nice Video, not too change the subject but I like the fact that you have VAN HALEN playing in the background lol Sweet.

I have a Lexus with a similar problem would like to PM you with some pics of the damage it really doesn't look that bad I manage to buff out a lot with my DA but one bigger scratch remains
    I'll be happy to help but I better make some PM room, it's damned near full right now.

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be happy to help but I better make some PM room, it's damned near full right now.
    you sound like me...wish AG allowed more than 50 PM's
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I changed the colour so as to not confuse your question with my comments. I use THIS gauge here. I love it. Accurate and very reasonably priced. I've had mine for a few years now. Don't do this work without one. The risk is too high. My gauge has saved my ass a few times where I've assumed there would be enough paint based on the type of car it was...and there wasn't. Saved me from being too aggessive and paying the price.
    I don't know about the heat. It might make it gummy. I would think air drying best, but hopefully Mike will chime in here too. PM him if he doesn't see your post.

That, too, is my choice of gauge and I highly recommend it. Several people on here and elsewhere have purchased one on my recommendation and have been very happy with it.
    Thanks for posting the vid too.
    This is the same PG I use. I am one of those who bought mine based on Richy's recommendation. (Thanks again Richy). One of the best investments I’ve ever made! I totally agree with everything Richy has stated above. Like the commercial says "I don't leave home without it". A very wise investment for sure! As already mentioned; it is accurate, reliable, works very well, and the price is right!!! In addition to the obvious reasons for purchasing; I also used it recently to steer a family member away from buying a used car they were ready to purchase. After a few measurements, it was obvious that the entire back end had been repainted. When the owner was asked if the vehicle had ever been in an accident or had any paint work done, he said no. After pressing him for awhile, he admitted that indeed the vehicle had had some paint work, but wasn’t real forthcoming about the details. He was obviously trying to downplay the situation, and wasn’t being straight up about it. It was kind of funny that he seemed quite surprised that I knew exactly where the re-spray had occured... My family member happily walked away from the deal…
    Last edited by DARK HORSE; 12-02-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    This is the same PG I use. I am one of those who bought mine based on Richy's recommendation. (Thanks again Richy). One of the best investments I’ve ever made! I totally agree with everything Richy has stated above. Like the commercial says "I don't leave home without it". A very wise investment for sure! As already mentioned; it is accurate, reliable, works very well, and the price is right!!! In addition to the obvious reasons for purchasing; I also used it recently to steer a family member away from buying a used car they were ready to purchase. After a few measurements, it was obvious that the entire back end had been repainted. When the owner was asked if the vehicle had ever been in an accident or had any paint work done, he said no. After pressing him for awhile, he admitted that indeed the vehicle had had some paint work, but wasn’t real forthcoming about the details. He was obviously trying to downplay the situation, and wasn’t being straight up about it. It was kind of funny that he seemed quite surprised that I knew exactly where the re-spray had occured... My family member happily walked away from the deal…

Tad, that is an awesome story. Your family member absolutely did the right thing. If he was that dishonest about the paint...what else was he hiding?! I've stated that I use the PG as a litmus test for honesty. That guy failed!

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Richy, that was one heck of a repair. Nice write up. I now have a project on my hands to repair when I return home. Do you think I should try out the Dr. Colorchip kit or just go the way you did? I was thinking about getting the Dr. chip kit anyways for road rash on my other BMW so I figured it wouldnt hurt for this one as well. Both of my BMW''s are the same color.

Here is my post for my project.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ch-repair.html

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Dang Richy, that was one heck of a repair. Nice write up. I now have a project on my hands to repair when I return home. Do you think I should try out the Dr. Colorchip kit or just go the way you did? I was thinking about getting the Dr. chip kit anyways for road rash on my other BMW so I figured it wouldnt hurt for this one as well. Both of my BMW''s are the same color.

Here is my post for my project.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ch-repair.html

Mike

Mike, by the looks of the location, you should be able to wet sand it with no problem. Heat is your enemy in polishing out the sand marks. Let it dry for days if you can prior to sanding and polishing. Do you use a rotary? Got any wool pads? That combo is going to keep the heat down the best. If not, go very slowly, spray with cold water very often to keep it cool, otherwise you may pull the paint out of the scratch. Make sure you finish with 3G grit paper too.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast