autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by f86sabjf View Post
    I have to say Thanks to Nick for such a great write up . I tried the 845 today and laid down 2 coats of it on a 2014 F150 supercrew. Came out great . I'm looking for more longevity and hopefully I found it.
    Welcome my f150 brother, 845 looks great on my tux black.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by f86sabjf View Post
    I have to say Thanks to Nick for such a great write up . I tried the 845 today and laid down 2 coats of it on a 2014 F150 supercrew. Came out great . I'm looking for more longevity and hopefully I found it.
    In October of 2014 I washed my car, clayed it, used a paint cleaner, and then put on one coat of Collinite. It's still beading a 7 on a scale of 1-10 and this is in the nasty northeast. It lasts a long time no matter what the prep is, but will last even longer if you do something similar to what I did. I used Collinite when I was a kid and have tried many other products since that time and I keep going back to it. Not sure why I have even bothered with the others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk1 View Post
    In October of 2014 I washed my car, clayed it, used a paint cleaner, and then put on one coat of Collinite. It's still beading a 7 on a scale of 1-10 and this is in the nasty northeast. It lasts a long time no matter what the prep is, but will last even longer if you do something similar to what I did. I used Collinite when I was a kid and have tried many other products since that time and I keep going back to it. Not sure why I have even bothered with the others.
    Huh, I did just about the same thing at the same time except I had Powerlock on the truck first. The only thing that is still beading is the top third of the hood. The lower body panels are all get gone. I'm guessing that it's just from how bad of a winter we had this year (I'm in western New York). Normally I apply 2 coats of 845, which I did last fall, and I'm good all winter. I guess the year we broke every weather record 845 meet it's match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    Huh, I did just about the same thing at the same time except I had Powerlock on the truck first. The only thing that is still beading is the top third of the hood. The lower body panels are all get gone. I'm guessing that it's just from how bad of a winter we had this year (I'm in western New York). Normally I apply 2 coats of 845, which I did last fall, and I'm good all winter. I guess the year we broke every weather record 845 meet it's match.

Maybe skip the Menzerna next time. I don't know what to tell you, but mine is still going strong. The car is a daily driver that's in the garage when not in use so that could be a factor. I did run it through a touchless wash 3 times since October. I try not to do that until I have to... when I see there's a lot of salt on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax-0316151210-00-jpg

The results of 845 today.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was fortunate in that the dealer never got to my truck with a rotary

so all I had to do was wash with gold class soap, clay with Griots, polish with Megs ultimate polish and then hit it with coats of 845

Post Thanks / Like

Like the others have mentioned - what an awesome product review! Congrats Nick and AGO! Can't wait til fall to apply it and see the results here in Wisconsin, where the winter lasts for months on end.

Post Thanks / Like

Why wait until Fall? Apply a coat as soon as it's warm enough and it will last you until fall when you can do it again!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased #845. One quick question before I use it - if I transfer the product to a more user-friendly bottle, will I then have to place that bottle in hot water to get it back to a more liquid state when I want to use it the next time.

If so, maybe I should just transfer enough product for one application into the dispenser and leave the rest in the original bottle.

I could be overthinking this, too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I just purchased #845. One quick question before I use it - if I transfer the product to a more user-friendly bottle, will I then have to place that bottle in hot water to get it back to a more liquid state when I want to use it the next time.

If so, maybe I should just transfer enough product for one application into the dispenser and leave the rest in the original bottle.

I could be overthinking this, too?
    You will always need to shake 845 really well to make sure it's mixed well. The ambient temp will determine whether you need to heat it up regardless of the bottle. On a sunny day in the high 60's/low 70's, I let the bottle sit in the sun and that heats it up just fine in a few minutes. If the temps are in the 80's or higher, I don't even need to do that...just take it off the shelf and shake before using.

If you going to transfer the product between containers, make sure it's warm enough and well mixed before you start pouring. 845 will separate as it sits and you could end up pouring only half of the ingredients into your new bottle.

I added a flip top to the original bottle and it works great. Doing that may be easier than transferring to a different container.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast