autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    As with 845 and 476, the key on 915 is thin,thin,thin.
    Don't work too far ahead, as 915 can be very tough to remove if left to haze too long. As soon as it passes the swipe test wipe off the haze. I find that if I apply on two panels and wipe off the first, staying one panel ahead as I go around the car, it works pretty well for me.

Bill
    Thanks Bill, that's what I needed to know. See now when I apply #845 I can do the whole car and then remove, infact I applied it to the entire car and let it sit for 2 whole days and then removed it w/o a problem, this was done in the underground parking spot at our apartment BTW.

How do you think #915 compared to Fuzion as far as looks go Bill?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

I just put a coat of #845 on my new refrigerator. The front is a smooth shiney white surface, so I decided it needed to be coated!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    How do you think #915 compared to Fuzion as far as looks go Bill?
    I can't really give you an authoritative answer on that. When I did my test spot with Fuzion, there was a very noticeable improvement, even with my tired, old paint and tired, old eyes. However, my 915 was about a month old at the time. Even though my garage queen Camino spent all but two days of that month in the garage, it isn't really fair to compare a freshly-applied wax to a month-old one. My last-minute toppers over the years have been GG BOS, Dodo Juice, Meg's M26 and Fuzion. Of those four choices,Fuzion takes the prize IMO. Still on the shelf to try are Griot's new premium paste and Souveran.
    I will add one 915 comment, however. I've done the full M07/ M80 process to my Camino once a year for the past four years. Compared to NXT, OCW and 845, 915 definitely looked the best. Before my baby gets tucked away for the winter, it'll definitely get one or two more passes with 915.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Does a car cover go over the Camino during the winter? Surprised you don't coat it with #476 but then again it isn't driven in the winter anyways, scratch that.

Hey Derek, how's the new fridge? Did Rob check out your coat of Collinite on the fridge, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Does a car cover go over the Camino during the winter? Surprised you don't coat it with #476 but then again it isn't driven in the winter anyways, scratch that.
    No cover, since it stays inside in my home garage. Whenever one of the family fleet needs work, the Camino gets parked outside temporarily. I've had covers before on my 'Vette or my Boattail Riv, but those were stored off-site somewhat permanently during the worst part of winter.

BTW, 2 coats of 476 are standard procedure for the other 3 family DD's that stay outside all winter, and that will likely never change unless they get an Opti-Coat treatment.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Bill, I will apply 2x's #476 on the cars I mentioned before.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a shot of one of the DD's from this past January after a rinseless wash with DG. Temps were in the mid 30's and as the background shows, there was still around 4-6 inches of snow in the yard. In my experience over the past 3 winters, using 476 rather than 845 stretches the protection about another month on a daily-driven vehicle that's parked outside 24/7. That extra month gets me by until April when the weather is nice enough to do a spring rehab.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill I remember that pic and even commented on you having a classic for a DD, car looks great and love that color too!

My #915 will be here tomorrow and per your tips I plan on applying the #915 to the entire hood, then removing, then onto the nose and d/s fender and then removing in the order I applied it and so on and so fourth. Can't wait to try out another great product from Collinite! I must say though, when popping the metal can I feel like I should be applying to one of my dream cars (70' Chevelle SS, 65' GTO, 62' Bel-Air "bubbletop", 65' Riveria GS and last but certainly not least, a 67' Corvette Sting Ray) Love the metal tin but more importantly, what's in it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick question about machine applying this wax.
    Priming the pad is not needed?
    I have seen Mike in videos where he primed the pad with menzerna power lock and even the pinnacle souveran wax although that was not a liquid wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know some people use a small plastic knife to spread a wax like #476 or #915 but let's be honest here, with a wax that's hardened in a metal can, isn't it just easier to apply by hand. Look at it like this, take the knife, scoop out a little bit, then spread onto a pad, put the can down, pick up the machine and apply it and then put the machine down, grap the mf towel and remove it. Doing this one panel at a time, well, NO THANKS! I'll just apply it by hand, your only applying wax, not doing paint correction, just sayin'.

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast