autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Word Definitions - Compounds, Polishes, Glazes, Paint Cleaners and Waxes

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post

Thanks for writing this even if its a few years old.
    When the information is both helpful and accurate it endures over time. For this reason there's no such thing as an "old thread" on this forum.

The information I posted in this thread is just as accurate today as it was when I wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post

Always nice to touch up on products and there meanings.

There's always going to be confusion in this market since there's zero rules or regulations or even basic criteria for label products so that's where the power of a discussion forum comes in.

I've seen MySpace, come and go, Facebook is losing it's young demographic as the move to Instagram, then there's Twitter, and Blogs, and now there's WhatsApp, WeChat, and KakaoTalk, who knows what will be next the one thing that remains solid are quality discussion forums.

I predict forums, like this one run on vBulletin classic software will never go away. Sometimes if it ain't broke... there' no need to fix it.

Forums enable a person to share text, video, pictures and as long as someone is paying the server bill the content endures over time and it's the content that has value, that is good content has good value. Plus it's very well indexed by search engines like Google making the information only a few click away.

But I digress...

Back to confusing names for polishes and glazes...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mike. Supremely helpful as always. One thing I love when looking at the PBMA proprietary waxes is the little summary box at the end (like for Souveran) which lays out the features. Realizing this would require a monumental amount of work, I think it would be so helpful to have one summary for each proprietary product using these fixed descriptions so we enthusiasts can see the little details for how the products differ (i.e. product agressiveness / level of abraisives, buffing time, etc.) and compare / contrast.

Sorry - I know my OCD is showing...

Post Thanks / Like

Little confused on all the polishes but based on the medium, fine and ultra fine polish where does the Meguiars Ultimate Polish fall into one of those polish categories?

Chemical Guys has listed a cutting polish and finishing polish! What's the difference and which polish is safe to use yearly without the fear of removing some clear coat?

This stuff can really make a guys head spin.

Post Thanks / Like

+1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    Little confused on all the polishes but based on the medium, fine and ultra fine polish where does the Meguiars Ultimate Polish fall into one of those polish categories?

Chemical Guys has listed a cutting polish and finishing polish! What's the difference and which polish is safe to use yearly without the fear of removing some clear coat?

Don't forget that pad choice, arm speed, machine speed and downward pressure on the buffer can dramatically change how much a certain product 'cuts' during its buffing cycle.

How fast is your head spinning now?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. Keep it up> Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Don't forget that pad choice, arm speed, machine speed and downward pressure on the buffer can dramatically change how much a certain product 'cuts' during its buffing cycle.

How fast is your head spinning now?
    Good grief, 😷

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Ultimate Polish would be a fine finishing polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Why use a glaze and not just remove the imperfections?

Post Thanks / Like

GM AG, I came across another posy like this that had products attached as well by Mike P. Anyone got the link to that thread?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast