autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick & Easy Bug Removal w/Diamondite Bug Eraser

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    The Diamondite Bug Eraser works very well as a routine bug and tar cleaner while either washing the vehicle, or just touching it up in between washes. Spray it on the surface, let it dwell for 30 seconds to a minute, then wipe clean.

It's safe on glass, plastic, chrome, painted and non-painted surfaces.
    thank you sir diamondite bug eraser will def be on my order next week. Another ? do you guys happen to sell it in a larger size than the 32oz. i normally buy products in the largest size being that i detail cars everyday of the week

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coreymg51 View Post
    thank you sir diamondite bug eraser will def be on my order next week. Another ? do you guys happen to sell it in a larger size than the 32oz. i normally buy products in the largest size being that i detail cars everyday of the week
    If you would like to buy in bulk, give us a call.

Post Thanks / Like

After a couple days of bugs accumulating on my car, I couldn't take it any longer so I grabbed my bottle of Diamondite Bug Eraser and less than 2 minutes later, they were gone. After a quick follow up with the Diamondite Crystal Gloss Surface Protectant, the front of my car was looking new again.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Quick & Easy Bug Removal w/Diamondite Bug Eraser

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    The bugs are acidic, and that's what removes the wax from your vehicle if left on the paint too long. After a quick cleaning with the Diamondite Bug Eraser, follow that up with the Crystal Gloss Surface Protectant to not only enhance the appearance, but also add a boost to the existing layer of wax for additional protection.
    I bought both products (Bug Eraser & Gloss Surface Protectant) and they arrived earlier today. I have a brand new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee that had about a week's worth of bugs on the front. I followed the instructions (sprayed it on and left for 30 seconds) and then agitated - and barely anything happened. I sprayed some more and waited about a minute and then agitated again - just a little more came off.

Well, 45 minutes later and having lost about three pounds in sweat - the bugs are off. That's not to mention that I had to whip out the Klasse All-in-One to get all the bug residue off. I feel dumb saying this, but I went ahead and applied the "Gloss Surface Protectant" after the front end had been cleaned. I guess I am just hoping that at least the protectant won't be junk - but after using that "baby shampoo with water" I seriously doubt it.

Anyhow, the good news is that I lost three pounds. Unfortunately, I also lost $42.38.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    I bought both products (Bug Eraser & Gloss Surface Protectant) and they arrived earlier today. I have a brand new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee that had about a week's worth of bugs on the front. I followed the instructions (sprayed it on and left for 30 seconds) and then agitated - and barely anything happened. I sprayed some more and waited about a minute and then agitated again - just a little more came off.

Well, 45 minutes later and having lost about three pounds in sweat - the bugs are off. That's not to mention that I had to whip out the Klasse All-in-One to get all the bug residue off. I feel dumb saying this, but I went ahead and applied the "Gloss Surface Protectant" after the front end had been cleaned. I guess I am just hoping that at least the protectant won't be junk - but after using that "baby shampoo with water" I seriously doubt it.

Anyhow, the good news is that I lost three pounds. Unfortunately, I also lost $42.38.
    Hmm after reading the review from Nick,I was going to put somethings together for an order including Diamondite Bug Eraser.
    After reading your opinion,I think I will pass.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

ok Nick I have seen a couple nasty bugged out vehicles you have done just this week, we need to see those photos!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Man, this stuff has been my best friend these last few days. You know things are going to get messy when you have a 30 mile trip and within the first mile you get 5 love bugs splattered on your windshield

My truck was too covered yesterday to just use this by itself so I used it in conjunction with DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss and it worked out quite well. Pre-soaked with Bug Eraser, and then used RW&G like normal and it made quick work of those bugs!

Post Thanks / Like

What did you agitate with? A microfiber applicator per the directions, or something else? Also, did you have any protection on the vehicle? Because having a wax or sealant present will make a big difference when it comes to bug removal, especially if the bug guts have been baking on there for a week.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

When the bugs sit on the paint for a week, or longer, they are not going to be easy to remove, no matter what you use, especially if there is no wax/sealant present. You could have sprayed the front of the car with adhesive remover, and would still have had to scrub. That's why it's so important to get the bugs off your vehicle immediately, before they really get caked on there and seem impossible to remove, not to mention the fact that they will cause damage to the clear coat if left on there too long.

Quote Originally Posted by cierasl
    What did you agitate with? A microfiber applicator per the directions, or something else? Also, did you have any protection on the vehicle? Because having a wax or sealant present will make a big difference when it comes to bug removal, especially if the bug guts have been baking on there for a week.
    That's correct, which is why we recommend following each application of the Bug Eraser with the Crystal Gloss Surface Protectant. This will give the paint added protection and slickness to not only make future bug cleaning much easier, but to also help prolong the possibility of the bugs causing damage to the clear coat if left on there too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    ok Nick I have seen a couple nasty bugged out vehicles you have done just this week, we need to see those photos!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Your expectations were not realistic. Did you really expect a weeks worth of dried & baked on bugs to just wipe off with ANY spray on product? Unrealistic expectations yields unrealistic results.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast