autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

How to put up a website for about $20.00 a year

How to put up a website for about $20.00 a year

When you go to buy any name, create an account at GoDaddy and then register through Instant Domain Search by doing this you can purchase a .com domain name for $7.49 and this includes a little extra secret feature.

Good, affordable web-hosting for simple sites...

DayanaHost.com

DayanaHost offers a full featured inexpensive hosting plan for $12.99 if you purchase 3 years of service up front. $14.99 for just a single year plan.

$7.49 + $12.99 = $20.48

Of course, buying a domain name and a hosting plan is the easy part, creating a website is for most people the hard part but it's really not that hard to teach yourself the basics of html coding and build a simple site yourself or purchase a template or even get a free template and modify it and just get something live on the Internet and "just do it".

For a simple detailing website you don't need to go fancy, just keep it simple.

Don't forget to read these three articles before spending any money on business cards, legal forms, web hosting, or domain names...

How to choose a name for your detailing business

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name

Do you want to have a career in the car industry?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to put up a website for about $20.00 a year

Excellent advice Mike. My evening plans are set. I have put off doing this for too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips

Please feel free to purchase domain names and host your website wherever you like, my goal was to show others how it can be done inexpensively with companies I have first hand experience with, GoDaddy, InstantDomainSearch and DayanaHost.

Note I listed DayanaHost for "Simple" websites, while I'm confident they can handle more complex websites I've never used them for anything but simple sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Also once you buy hosting look into Wordpress. AutoGeek themselves use wordpress for their blog and i use it for all my websites. it can not only be modified to do whatever you want but even less experienced users can find a theme that works for them and have a website that works, is easily updated, photo galleries, contact forms, and it looks nice.

WordPress › Blog Tool and Publishing Platform

wordpress lists a few hosting companies that have auto-installers for this software.

I know how daunting making a website can be if you dont know what you are doing. Just singing up for a domain and registering the DNS to the hosting site can be a pain. so my recommendation is to find a place and register the domain and hosting there. its easier for beginners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBall View Post
    Also once you buy hosting look into Wordpress. AutoGeek themselves use wordpress for their blog and i use it for all my websites. it can not only be modified to do whatever you want but even less experienced users can find a theme that works for them and have a website that works, is easily updated, photo galleries, contact forms, and it looks nice.

WordPress › Blog Tool and Publishing Platform

wordpress lists a few hosting companies that have auto-installers for this software.

I know how daunting making a website can be if you dont know what you are doing. Just singing up for a domain and registering the DNS to the hosting site can be a pain. so my recommendation is to find a place and register the domain and hosting there. its easier for beginners.
    i tried wordpress once and it was too much for me to handle it does seem easy but idk wat happened i couldnt get my site done and it was looking awesome
    I have my domanin from godaddy now i am trying to find a good cheap way to have my detail site running

Post Thanks / Like

Another tip would be if you get free web hosting and domain name from your ISP, I do get this with optimum online and their boost service, been using it for a long time now, and it is free, your domain will auto renew for as long as you keep the service with them...

Post Thanks / Like

You know Mike, I've often thought about putting up a site so thanks for the introduction!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post

A few years ago when I was researching hosting companies for a vBulletin discussion forum, (SCG), A Small Orange made it to the top 5 list I was compiling. I ended up going with HostGator and they've been nothing but stellar for hosting and customer care.

I think either A Small Orange or Hostgator would be an excellent choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast