Hi, Jacob Harrod from AutoClean here and the 1st thing that I would recommend is washing your car. This way there is no dirt or contaminants that can be trapped between your chosen protective device and your paint whenever you are working on your car.

Take two sheets of paper. Lay one on the table and put a little bit of dirt on it. This represents dirty paint. Now take another sheet and sandwich the dirt between the two sheets. Now press down and rub the two sheets together. Can you feel that? Can you imagine what this would be doing to your paint? Your hand represents your body leaning up against your beautiful car's body panels with some sort of protective device laid over the panel and then all that dirt is trapped between a protective device designed to PROTECT YOUR PAINT. Your protective device will turn into a CLEAR COAT DESTRUCTIVE DEVICE.

Like my buddy Mike P taught me.. Your clear coat on your car is extremely thin. Thinner than a post it note as a matter of fact.

Next up I would recommend a high quality scratchless belt such as one from the Mac Tool Truck or Snap On truck. I would also reccomended soft clothing and no jewelry. Take your keys out of your pocket, also remove any knives, or any type of equipment that you clip on your person that could scratch the paint.

Choose whatever panel protective device you desire, but I reccomend one with a VERY SOFT backing. You need to KEEP IT CLEAN and FREE OF CONTAMINANTS. I'd reccomend keeping in a sealed container so it won't get dirty in between uses. INSPECT before each use.

Get some CLEAN and INSPECTED high quality microfiber towels, and some high quality automotive masking tape. Use wide tape and tape the towels to your bumper. Tape off any trim, chrome, ETC that you wish to protect.

When you get ready to pull the tape it's LOW AND SLOW..

If you choose a device with magnetic attachments then place a clean microfiber between the magnetic attachment points as the magnets could also mar or scratch the paint.

Lastly simply take your time. Life isn't a race. Like I always tell people. I'm not a quick detailer by any means. This is because I POUR MY PASSION into EVERYTHING I DO.

Thanks for reading this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app