I am a beginning hobbiest at best in the detailing world. I have some questions on product selections for basic paint correction. The amount of products available is overwhelming to say the least. I am looking for some suggestions but first, this is what I did.

2011 Honda Pilot 2 step paint correction and ceramic coating.
The kids bought this used, it has 175,000 miles on it. Dark blue metallic paint. Mostly garaged, I know the owner. Southern Wisconsin location so some ice and salt exposure .
The paint was faded and poorly maintained, if ever.

I foamed the car, rinsed, washed with two bucket method, rinsed, washed again with ONR two bucket , applied Iron X, rinsed, clayed the paint and washed again with ONR two bucket.
Noticed lots of paint chips all the way to primer coat

Started the paint correction:
Griots Garage 6" & 3" DA buffers, used the large buffer on open areas and small buffer in tight areas. Used MF clothes to remove residue after each 2x2 panel application
1st Step Meguiars M105 on Orange foam pad, in some areas the scratches required a couple applications of product.
2nd step Meguiars M205 on Black foam pad

Did an alcohol IPA wipe down to remove oils from polishing process
Applied CarPro UK 3.0 Ceramic coating per the instructions.

All work performed in my garage. Temps in the high 60's to 70's.

Results:
Finished the ceramic coating last night and we are out of town for a few days but first impressions were awesome considering the starting condition of the paint. Did not get all of the deep scratches out of the clearcoat and some were all the way to the primer. Still lots of stone chips but much less harsh. The depth and luster of the paint now is stunning.

The UK 3.0 was easy peasy to install. As others have noted, the prep work is key.
Looking for recommendations on the paint correction products. I did not like the M105, way too dusty and very short working time.
Liked the M205

I will post photos later. Getting on a plane now.

Thanks in advance.
Gary