Hello guys!

First time posting on this fantastic forum so I apologise if this topic has been gone over before (I do know how frustrating it is sometimes for new people to post obvious questions on forums).

I've been working on my mother's 1999 Audi A6... and it's in bad shape. I mean (with all respect to her) driving-through-thorn-bushes-bad-shape. I've managed to get rid of all major scratching and holograms using a rotary polisher and Meguiar's Ultimate Compound (amazing stuff).

But there are some scratches that aren't even budging. It's like the equivalent of an ant getting squashed by a truck, the scratches don't seem to be responding to a wool pad/hard foam pad and UC.

I even went a step further and, after doing a lot of research and doing the "fingernail test", bought some 1500 and 3000 wet sanding paper... and nothing helped. Like I said, it's as if the scratches themselves weren't there, to begin with. If that makes any sense.

I must admit that I am at a bit of a loss here... I would like the car to be as well done as possible and, being the perfectionist, I just wouldn't feel right with walking away leaving those scratches everywhere and call it a job well done.

I was hoping you experienced guys could chime and tell me what I'm dealing with. Maybe even you might all agree that there's nothing I can do and should just walk away. At least I'll know I had the pros opinions.

I've attached a bad quality photo (as my phone had a hard time focusing, what, with all the reflectivity), but just imagine that these lines all over the car in random places.

Thank you all so much, and I hope you're having a great day!