autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boy Scouts Troop 840 at Autogeek to earn their Automotive Maintenance Merit Badge - 2017

Outstanding!

Although I was never a Scout, I remember vividly attending an "introduction to the motor trade" course when I was in my younger days, & we had to pull down a Briggs & Stratton & recondition it. I wasn't much interested in the academic side of my school life - athletics & swimming . . . & girls but little else. This course was something I could relate too & I enjoyed it alot.

I enjoyed reading this thread & looking at the pictures Mike - the class look pretty captivated. Lke myself, I'm sure this experience will live long in the memories of more than just a couple of these boys for years to come.

Great work Team!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boy Scouts Troop 840 at Autogeek to earn their Automotive Maintenance Merit Badge - 2017

<a href="https://däckförvaring.nu/">Fancy cars</a>

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by davidwettlestam View Post

<a href="https://däckförvaring.nu/">Fancy cars</a>

Why would you share a link to your website in a thread about Boy Scouts?

I've been following your posts since you joined. They are all real simple, goofy type posts most spammers make while trying to stay under the radar.

You used html code on a bb code forum?

The link doesn't work anyway and when I Google it I pull up pictures of tires.

See ya...

Post Thanks / Like

Great job with the scouts. You perform an outstanding job with your contributions of time and knowledge to us all. I'm sure there were a few cars that were cleaned after they got home from that class!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Guyb View Post

Great job with the scouts. You perform an outstanding job with your contributions of time and knowledge to us all. I'm sure there were a few cars that were cleaned after they got home from that class!

Thanks Guy...

I sent the link to this thread to about 5-6 people in the Scouting organization after the class and even offered to teach some dedicated detailing classes for the Scouting organization. In fact, here's what I sent them...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Boy Scout Car Detailing Class

If a group of you Boy Scouts would like to have a detailing class here at Autogeek I would be happy to conduct this class and show the boys the basics including,

1. How to correctly wash and dry a car
    2. How to inspect the paint for contamination and how to remove it if discovered.
    3. How to inspect the paint for swirls, scratches, water spots and oxidation
    4. How to hand polish and machine polish
    5. How to seal the paint with a wax or sealant
    6. How to dress tires
    7. How to do interior cleaning
    8. How to do engine detailing

Believe it or not, I can teach the Boy Scouts how they can easily turn car detailing into a summer job and make as much and even more money than they could cutting lawns or working at Burger King. Plus they can take these skills with them all the way through high school and college.

Just let me know…

So far I haven't had anyone in the organization take me up on the offer. Of course, any of them reading this can join our forum, (it's free), and post their comments to this thread.

Joining is easy, a person just has to type out a few lines of info and then click the [submit] button.

Click here to join AutogeekOnline Car Detailing Discussion Forum

Heck the boys in the Boy Scouts could join this forum and learn this craft, art and trade if they are truly interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123