autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

My favorite car washing tools - Wheel Woolies Car Detailing Brushes by Mike Phillips

My favorite car washing tools - Wheel Woolies Car Detailing Brushes by Mike Phillips

Think about it... out of all the things we do to our own cars... washing is the most common thing. At least for most of us.

When it comes to washing my own vehicles, I practice what I teach in my classes that you START with wheels and tires. (If anyone isn't sure why to start with wheels and tires first, then please ask and I'm happy to explain why)

Wheel Woolies Car Detailing Brushes

I love these brushes!

Cleaning wheels, and I mean really getting them clean both during the initial cleaning and then keeping on top of them so they don't get a brake dust build up so bad it takes a jackhammer to get them clean again is fast and easy with Wheel Woolie Car Detailing Brushes.

I use these brushes for my truck and the wife's SL 500 and they work great and make cleaning the back barrels of the wheels a breeze. I took some pictures of how I use the big stick brush and the little stick brush to clean the BRP wheels on my truck.

The large stick brush cleans the sides of the slots separating the spokes...

Then reaches the back of the wheel barrel to agitate, loosen both brake dust and oily road film so I can then blast them with water to keep them clean. (I coated the front and back of the wheels in another article)

To get into the lug nut barrel I use the little stick brush

If you're like me and you really don't enjoy cleaning the wheels... then make it easy on yourself and get yourself some Wheel Woolies. You can thank me later.

On Autogeek.com

Wheel Woolies 3-Piece Kit

Keep your ride shiny!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My favorite car washing tools - Wheel Woolies Car Detailing Brushes by Mike Phillips

Dig the wheel Wooly's! No splatter like the brushes! Great article Mike! Saw this on Facebook too!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Mike Phillips

Re: My favorite car washing tools - Wheel Woolies Car Detailing Brushes by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post

Dig the wheel Wooly's! No splatter like the brushes! Great article Mike! Saw this on Facebook too!

It's easy to share cool products you like and also really use...

More to come...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

After the other day of working my hands through the wheel barrels to get them clean , I was of the mind set to do it every other wash do to the sheer effort and no tool in mind to make it easy. Well in short it will be my first order here!

great thread as there's nothing like the right tool for the job.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Speedmaster wheel brushes, but feel like there isn't enough surface contact to clean thoroughly. I think I need some Wheel Wookiee.

Thanks Mike, you are as good a salesman as you are a detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Mike these are definitely my favorite tools for wheel maintenance.
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

When it comes to washing my own vehicles, I practice what I teach in my classes that you START with wheels and tires. (If anyone isn't sure why to start with wheels and tires first, then please ask and I'm happy to explain why)
    Ok, i'll bite. I always do the wheels and tires last for no other reason than I don't have to dry them off again. Explain your wisdom. I am here to absorb.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Wheel Woolies, best wheel brushes ever!

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

These are a must have! Great write up Mike, lovin those Big 40's.

Post Thanks / Like

After all these years I finally got the speed masters. Probably these are next....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast