autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use Griot's Garage to detail your car - A detail job Richard Griot would be proud of!

Ha Mike! I installed those plugs myself when participating in you Competition Ready Class
    Jeff from Griot's Garage- Product Developer
    Car Care for the Perfectionist

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use Griot's Garage to detail your car - A detail job Richard Griot would be proud of!

Hi Aaron,
    The BOSS Micro Rotary Polisher is very efficient... 3cfm at 90psi. The compressor would run non-stop to keep up. For what you'd use the tool for...polishing motorcycle intricate parts, cutting in edges and tight spaces...your compressor should be adequate. I had a very similar compressor (Craftsman) and could run this tool productively... although I think my tank was 30gallon.

Power Air Drive
    Motion Rotary – Direct Drive
    Pad Size Included -2” (51mm) or 3” (76mm)
    Spindle Hole Size 5/16” – 24 female
    Hp (W) .3 (224)
    Free Speed 0-3850 +/1 10%
    RPM Max 3850 RPM
    Air Consumption 3 cfm x 7.122 = 21.37 scfm
    Max Air Flow @90PSIG 3CFM (L/Min.): 21.37 scfm (84.9 L/min)
    Ideal air pressure 6.2bar (90psi)
    Hose I.D. 3/8" (10mm) – Max Length 50’
    Weight 2.2lbs (1kg)
    Dimensions 263mm (L) x 65mm (W) x 40mm (T)
    *Noise Level dBA 78.1 dB (A) LpA / 89.1 dB (A) LwA
    **Vibration Level m/s2 <2.5 m/s2
    *Declared noise levels; measurements carried out in accordance with standard EN ISO15744:2008.
    **Declared vibration levels in accordance with EN 28927-3, the uncertainty, K=0.6 m/s2.
    Jeff from Griot's Garage- Product Developer
    Car Care for the Perfectionist

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post

Ha Mike!

I installed those plugs myself when participating in you Competition Ready Class

Mystery solved.

Most of the other Griot's 6" DA Orbital Polishers in our garage have metric bolts in them.

I don't think any of the tools with optional handles have the actual handles, not even the DeWalt Rotary buffers or Meguiar's MT300s.

I find most tools easier to control and operate by holding the head of the tool.

Plus the further away you extend your hand and arm away from the tool, (for example hoop handles), the more you will fatigue your muscles and grip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Mystery solved.

Most of the other Griot's 6" DA Orbital Polishers in our garage have metric bolts in them.

I don't think any of the tools with optional handles have the actual handles, not even the DeWalt Rotary buffers or Meguiar's MT300s.

I find most tools easier to control and operate by holding the head of the tool.

Plus the further away you extend your hand and arm away from the tool, (for example hoop handles), the more you will fatigue your muscles and grip.

Thank you Mike!!

I also love running my gg6 without the handle. Just seems much easier to control.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Very observant. I've never been one to use the D-Handle. The BOSS side plugs work fantastic on the 6" Random Orbital. Not only does it secure the head of the polisher...it looks sweet and clean! I've added the BOSS Plugs to future 6" Random Orbitals. It is a running change, but will eventually be included with the tool. At this point, there isn't provisions to buy the plugs as an accessory... But let me look into that for you guys.

Jeff
    Thank you for the reply Jeff.

I would love to buy a set of those plugs if possible. It just looks so clean.

When I received my 6 the first thing I did was take the handle off.

Thanks again!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

looks great i just did my car this weekend. i feel like no matter what you do you can never get every single superficial swirl or rids one hundred percent gone. no matter how much you polish there will always be some tiny imperfections hanging around if you get the perfect lighting on it. i mean can you really get an older car one hundred percent perfect?

Post Thanks / Like

What an amzing write up. Thank you for taking the time to share this job with such detail. I'm looking forward to getting some of those new GG items.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

i feel like no matter what you do you can never get every single superficial swirl or rids one hundred percent gone. no matter how much you polish there will always be some tiny imperfections hanging around if you get the perfect lighting on it.

i mean can you really get an older car one hundred percent perfect?
    I think a person with time an patience can get what they have to work with to 99% perfection. There are always deeper defects that cannot be removed safely. As for minor stuff, don't sweat it. You're probably the only that sees them.

In my classes I use a term called Big Picture Detailing. This means focus on the majors panels and specifically the major visual portions of these panels.

Also consider if the car in question is a daily driver, there's more swirls and scratches in your car's future.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A1 write up

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think a person with time an patience can get what they have to work with to 99% perfection. There are always deeper defects that cannot be removed safely. As for minor stuff, don't sweat it. You're probably the only that sees them.

In my classes I use a term called Big Picture Detailing. This means focus on the majors panels and specifically the major visual portions of these panels.

Also consider if the car in question is a daily driver, there's more swirls and scratches in your car's future.

thanks mike, my father said the same thing basically. "look at the car overall" not just one little spot.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast