autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Destroyed: Medium Nanoskin Autoscrub Pad

Those are pretty good covers. My buddy bought one for his new Jeep Wrangler. He has to park under Maples as well where he rents.

All car covers will mar paint a bit, but like I told him: I'd rather deal with a little marring over tree sap any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got the car cover, it will save you time and aggravation. I'm no expert on car covers, but the ones I like are the woven breathable ones. The covers with the plasticky material on the outside are my least favorite. The people selling car covers can be very deceptive. Some of them talk about how many layers the cover consists of, but don't even say why 7 layers are needed or what they are made of. I have bought $50 covers that were better than $150 covers. This probably needs to be a whole other thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Those are pretty good covers. My buddy bought one for his new Jeep Wrangler. He has to park under Maples as well where he rents.
    All car covers will mar paint a bit, but like I told him: I'd rather deal with a little marring over tree sap any day.
    I feel the same way.......... I can deal with a mar here and there by wheeling it out if needed. What I just went through wasn't just a P.I.A., it was a nightmare. Took a lot of time and work, but the truck looks fantastic once again.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Glad you got the car cover, it will save you time and aggravation. I'm no expert on car covers, but the ones I like are the woven breathable ones. The covers with the plasticky material on the outside are my least favorite. The people selling car covers can be very deceptive. Some of them talk about how many layers the cover consists of, but don't even say why 7 layers are needed or what they are made of. I have bought $50 covers that were better than $150 covers. This probably needs to be a whole other thread.
    The cover ordered is suppose to be breathable according to the person I talked to. This was one of the questions I had prior to ordering. We'll see..........

Thanks for the input....... Cover suppose to be here Wednesday. Can't wait to try it out. I'll let you all know. Thanks again, Ray

Post Thanks / Like

OK....... Here's where I'm at. The universal cover was sent back due to not covering the front end below the headlights. They do have one more size larger, but was told that it would be too large which would be more of a problem due to wind along with hitting the ground. I did opt. for a custom cover Covercraft Noah Car Covers | Reviews by Car Cover World which I just received this past week. This cover fits like a glove and took less than a couple minutes to put on/off. Yes, more money........ but wow is it nice! This company has done it's homework! The cover fits perfect around the front and back covering everything which has nice elastic built in making it so. As for the sides, the cover is about eight inches off the ground. I haven't had a chance to put it through the test yet. but I'm sure it will pass with all my expectations. Right now, I couldn't be happier. Once I put it through the test, I'll report back. P.S. If you have this particular Noah cover, please give me your thoughts and experience. Thanks, Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ray & Paula View Post
    OK....... Here's where I'm at. The universal cover was sent back due to not covering the front end below the headlights. They do have one more size larger, but was told that it would be too large which would be more of a problem due to wind along with hitting the ground. I did opt. for a custom cover Covercraft Noah Car Covers | Reviews by Car Cover World which I just received this past week. This cover fits like a glove and took less than a couple minutes to put on/off. Yes, more money........ but wow is it nice! This company has done it's homework! The cover fits perfect around the front and back covering everything which has nice elastic built in making it so. As for the sides, the cover is about eight inches off the ground. I haven't had a chance to put it through the test yet. but I'm sure it will pass with all my expectations. Right now, I couldn't be happier. Once I put it through the test, I'll report back. P.S. If you have this particular Noah cover, please give me your thoughts and experience. Thanks, Ray
    Good luck with the new cover..now you need to research on how to clean the cover! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Good luck with the new cover..now you need to research on how to clean the cover! lol
    I hear ya.......

Post Thanks / Like

Just use your power washer on it..... let it dry in the sun (away from trees) and poof..... clean !!
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Just use your power washer on it..... let it dry in the sun (away from trees) and poof..... clean !!
    Sounds good........ If washing in a machine, the company recommends front load washer, using Simple Green, "no" fabric softner and two rinse cycles if possible then air dry. Thanks for your input. Ray

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123