autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shakey weak and fatigue in the middle of detail?

I have had this happen a few times. Usually just need to eat something and that takes care of it (low blood sugar most likely). Tough to stop and eat a decent lunch in the middle of detail, but sometimes I just have to. A pot of coffee in the morning doesn't help either I'm sure, but it gets me going.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

I go to the gym on days I don't detail. I focus on High-Intensity Interval Training(HIIT) style work out. I supplement and always balance my diet. When I go to details, I bring a can of chunky coconut water with me and immediately after I am done with the detail, I drink a smoothie to ingest some fast absorbing healthy carbs. Fresh as a chisel the next morning.. Never had fatigues. I am 25. You could always try sipping BCAA supplements while working and a protein shake after... sorta like treating it like a work out.

I wouldn't recommend pre-workout supplements since they last for 1-2 hours and then you crash. That is why I don't drink coffee before detailing. I hate the crash. Instead use drinks that continuously feed your muscles and energy levels(eg. BCAA supplement, coconut water) by sipping on it all day.

Good luck!

PS: Coffee is great for 'burst' of energy.. eg. before brainstorming periods, dates(to listen the woman rambling, lol) or 1-2 hour gig when you just need to boost.
    Eco-friendly, Mobile Detailing Services at Your Doorstep! Servicing North Bay Area.
    Like Our Company Facebook Page
    Check Out Our Website for more Information

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    BINGO!!

Like a car, without fuel it won't go very far and neither will you.....Never mind those drinks, EAT real food!
    I would have to agree with the low blood sugar comment, as this would be the most common cause of "shakes" that are noticeable by us. However, a lot different factors could contribute to this and although you mentioned smoking, I'm not going to focus on it (mainly because you probably know it's not a healthy habit).

Although I am by no means a doctor, nutritionist, or expert dietitian, I have worked with IFBB professionals, powerlifters, nutritionists, and other health industry guru's on understanding the ins and outs of how our bodies react with certain foods, and what works best for each particular case.

In order to really begin narrowing down where the problem truly lies hopefully you can answer some questions for me, and I'll respond as soon as I can to hopefully get you back on the right track to feeling good, and not having to worry about your health

What is your diet like (how many meals do you have in a day, what is a typical meal for you (food types and portions), how much and what kind of liquid do you drink)?

Does your diet change on days that you perform details, and if so, why?

How long is it before the "middle" of your typical detail when you notice the shakes?

Besides the smoking, do you have any other history of pre-exisiting medical and/or diet issues that you feel comfortable speaking of?

What are the ambient conditions when you typically perform a detail and notice the shakes?

I know it's a lot to digest, but this will help steer us in the right direction. Please keep in mind that any recommendation that is made can be what works for that person but every single person's body will react a different way to different nutrients depending on genetic, physical, and environmental factors.

I can give you a general run down of what I would try first, but if you're willing to answer the above questions that would be best.

Hope to hear from the OP soon.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering, didn't you live in SoCal then move to Reno? Isn't the elevation in Reno about 4,400 feet and other parts of the Washoe Valley are in excess of 5,000 feet? Could that be part of your problem? Again, something to discuss with the Doctor. Were you detailing in SoCal?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been taking a supplement from Youngevity called Beyond Tangy Tangerine 2.0 for about 2 years now & feel great & have not missed a day of detailing. It works great for me. Minerals, vitamins, amino acids. The minerals are no longer in our soils so IMO you need to supplement. Best wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belair View Post
    Happens to me too & as was mentioned low blood sugar from not enough food. An instant cure is something sweet but food is required.
    Usually about 3-4 hrs after breakfast I get the same thing. My stand by is a good old fashion peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious... do you ever take your pulse when you feel shaky? Pulse at rest? Pulse when you wake up in the morning? Ever have a stress test?

Best advice is to discuss your issue(s) with a doctor. Any number of us here on the iNet can offer suggestions based on our own experiences but none of us, as far as I can tell, are licensed physicians. Make a written checklist of questions, concerns for your doctor. Maybe also ask if he thinks you should discuss your diet with a nutritionist.

Do you have any health insurance or are you still waiting for Medicaid? Maybe if you take the money you use to buy cigarettes and apply it towards some health insurance? I'm a reformed smoker and I know quitting is damn hard, but it also feels good when you finally get that monkey off of your back.

If you can't afford to see a doctor or pay for the tests, then you might look for a free clinic in your area. Many are staffed by pretty knowledgable and efficient PA's.

But keep in mind that no one here in the iNet or in the doctors office cares as much about you and your well being as you yourself.

One last note... Many years ago my wife pointed out to me that I was taking a lot better care of the cars I was detailing than I was of myself. Of course, she was 100% spot on. I look back on that as a life changing moment. Since then, I began eating right and exercising daily. (Note that while detailing can be strenuous, it is not good at developing strength and stamina.) I joined a local fitness center I dropped around 25% of my body weight (fat), 5" off of my waist and got stronger and healthier. You know what? My life got a whole lot better. I developed better time management skills and through strength and stamina improvements, get more accomplished every day.

Find a way to take control of your health, see a doctor or PA and follow his/her advice. Your body will thank you in later years.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your blood test came back with Fatty liver disease that is likely a huge cause of your issue. It sounds like you have a high metabolism but a slight issue with processing carbohydrates. That would explain the shaking as your body isn't processing sugars in a manner which adequately stores energy in your muscles. As such, when you are clutching tightly your detailing tools, that long muscle use causes fatigue and shaking.

As others have said, smoking is a no no - but it messes with your metabolism and is #1 to quit.

Part 2 is diet - add a niacin supplement (500mg or so). This will allow your blood vessels to open and allow in he glucose to your cells. Also, avoid highly sugary items... For most people Gatorade is great, for fatty liver, it's toxic. Your body needs sugars that take longer to process. The banana is a really good recommendation as well as any granola bar with <10g of sugar (kashi makes good options here).

Also, switch from soda and fruit juice to vet lightly sweetened tea or coffee as an add-on to water. Soda has 40+g of sugar and is toxic. Try to keep tea beverages to those with less than 15g of sugar. As liquid sugars enter the system faster, the liver can not process them fast enough, you get sluggish and energy in your muscles that u would use for detailing is now expended to break down the thick blood.

Also, and more boring, go low card elsewhere... Brown rice over white, wheat breads over white, sweet potato fries over regular, etc.

See if that helps...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you drink caffeine? I get the exact same problem when I drink caffeine, exert myself and don't eat enough food. Take a couple of short breaks with healthy snacks and skip all stimulants. I would bet it never happens again.

I thought my blood sugar was dropping and I was becoming diabetic when it happened to me. I was quite relieved to find out that it was simply caffeine! I confirmed my results with a doctor and found out that what I had experienced was not uncommon.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Start going to the gym, lifting weights and doing cardio to build endurance.
    REFINED SHINE
    Auto Detailing

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast