autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Production detailers you need a tornador!!!

Sounds interesting,I might look into one of these.Anymore info or maybe a video?

Post Thanks / Like

Barry Theal loaned me one of his Tornador Blacks for a week to try out. I tried it on interior and some exterior stuff too. It was a pretty neat tool that did cut some time but while using it I was thinking about all the vapor it was kicking up into the air in the shop. At one point it got so bad I had to walk outside to allow the shop to air out. I had the overhead door open and my air circulator running the entire time I was using it.

When I walked outside I could see that the cloud of APC vapor had traveled across my lot and about a half a block up the road. I wouldn't want to be breathing that vapor on a regular basis or be responsible for a helper breathing that stuff on a regular basis. I also thought about how that vapor cloud would effect the stock vehicles on our lot as it travels over them. I could only imagine that an APC vapor settling on the stock vehicles car after car and day after day couldn't be good for the finish.

I had to take a pass on the Tornador Black.

Does the original Tornador kick up so much vapor, or can someone comment on a technique to get around this issue with the Tornador Black?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Original and Black version. Dave, yes to a degree the kick up of vapors are the same. I honestly never thought of this. I use 1Z Cockpit Premium in one and 1Z W99 in the other for dirtier jobs. The smell of these chemicals are very mild,BUT, you guys should use a mask when in close quarters with any fumes. It may be slightly inconvienient but a 3M half mask is pretty comfortable for the short time it takes to dust an interior with a Tornador. And yes,IMO the Black is a big jump up from the original. I have had my original for many years,due do how it functions I have had to replace inner flow tube and exterior cones. The Black version is built differently,would never require replacements I needed on the original. For anybody looking to purchase a Tornador,IMO,jump right to the Black version. I dont even know why the original is still sold? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PERFECTIONPLUS View Post
    I.... Lets do some quick math here if my shop produces one more car a day and we charge 100.00 (just to keep the math simple) for that car x 22 working days a month that equals 2200.00 gross profit extra per month x 12 months in a year (im not japanese but i know its a big number) Yeah i'd say the tornador paid for itself!!!

Disclaimer : Results may vary due to experience or lack there of, motivation , willingess to adapt , and overall heart.
    Not to bring up this old thread for no reason but what does "I'm not Japanese but I know it's a big number" have to do with anything?

Oh, and I was searching an issue I'm having with my tornador and this came up

Post Thanks / Like

I had to pass on it also. As I watched the two team members cleaning the interior, the cabin was filled with the mist. Even though it does speed up some of the processes, I couldn't get comfortable with my men breathing that much of the stuff. Also, if you don't have one for each man, saved time will be lost to waiting for or looking for the machine. Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

I use mine to blow out cracks and seals. Its great for blowing out carpets and loosening dirt before vacuuming. I only use Odor eliminator in mine. I wear a mask while using it, Id rather shoot odor eliminator into the fabric and carpet knowing it penetrated the surface rather then misting something
    2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5S Burgundy.

+1 Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrolleyVW View Post
    Not to bring up this old thread for no reason but what does "I'm not Japanese but I know it's a big number" have to do with anything?

Oh, and I was searching an issue I'm having with my tornador and this came up
    The Japanese are widely considered to be the best/fastest in the world at mental arithmetic

Try this at home lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7wYDsMxbV7g

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12