autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone doing washes for company employes with signup sheets?

Hey guys,

I was just contacted by a company to submit a proposal to do washes for their employees on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule.

The company has over a 100 employees and they are located about an hour drive away from my house.

So, I have never done anything like this and I am not even sure I am interested. It would all depend on the kind of package I would be able to do.

So if you are doing this I have a few questions:

1. What kind of response do you typically get when you get on location? Are you doing 1, 5, 10 vehicles?

2. What kind of package work well for you, and what are you charging?

3. Is this something I could do as a single detailer or would I need to hire help?

4. Are there days to work better than others to do the work? ie. Would doing that on Fridays get a better response than doing it on Mondays?

5. Any advice is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone doing washes for company employes with signup sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

2. What kind of package work well for you, and what are you charging?
    Companies usually get the same treatment as dealerships would... According to a source in know, the going rate for your deluxe package wash is about $1.90 per vehicle/unit. Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X59dW1rtkeM

Post Thanks / Like

Well I messaged the person back and he is thinking 20$ for cars and 25$ for SUVs. Don't think I am interested in that. I figure 1 hour per vehicle, so with commute and expenses that comes down to something like 10-15$/hour depending on how many cars I would need to do.

Would really like some feedback for this, none of you do this kind of work?

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't you just doing a simple wash/dry on each car? Or does this include tires, interior, etc..?

If you are just doing a simply wash/dry, I would think 15 minutes per car would suffice, even with a spray wax/drying aid to add some shine/protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never washed a car in 15 minutes I usually spend 40 minutes just to do the wheels

Not sure how long it would take me to do a quick wash like that. I am thinking 10 mins to powerwash the car to remove the heavy dirt. I could follow with a rinseless to save time, so about 10 mins to do that I would think. Then doing wheels quickly would take about 10 more mins if I want to degrease them. Drying car off with spray wax an other 10 mins. And dressing tires 10 more mins. So I am at the 50 minutes mark already and the guy who contacted me was interested in vacuum of the interior so that's 15 mins more. I don't see how I can go to 15 mins doing all that. If I could Knock it off in 30 mins, then 20$ would be acceptable. I think I will have to try to do this on my own car and see how long it takes. My Express exterior detail takes me between 2-3 hours depending on the vehicle. So doing that in 30 mins seems a bit crazy to me. But I will give it a shot

Post Thanks / Like

That's a tough one to make money on. Especially since most of the cars are probably neglected and have never had a clay bar or wax touch the paint which makes washing/drying a lot more difficult and time consuming. It usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to do a basic full wash including wheels and drying on a car I detailed and maintained by myself. I guess it depends how good of a job they want but if your like me (OCD) I can't leave a car half-assed.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I was going off your original post where you said you were asked to wash some cars, which to me is washing and drying and could be done in 15 minutes per car.

if you are going to be expected to clean both tires and wheels, apply tire dressings, and vacuum out the interiors, and take an hour per car, then there is no way you should be taking this job for $20/25 per car.

Sound like they want a full detailing job at a car wash price.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember that most random people either tunnel wash or don't wash at all, so these aren't prized detailing customers. Cars are just appliances and status symbols. If you want to play in the low end of the market you have to focus on volume.

*Corporate Client Specials* (Minimum $400 for on-site services)
    $20 standard touchless wash - foam, rinse, blow dry
    $40 standard hand wash - foam, rinse, hand wash, towel dry
    $60 deluxe hand wash - wheel detail, glass clean, dress tires, foam, rinse, hand wash, towel dry

*Additional Services Available*
    $$ Interior
    $$ Protectants and Coatings
    $$ Headlight Restoration
    $$ etc. etc.

If you're lucky, you might be able to upsell and carve out a couple future clients. If not, at least you made a few bucks without breaking your back.

Post Thanks / Like

don't sell ur time and skill short, at those prices ur not getting much meat on the bone....those ppl are gonna expect a lot for the little bit they're paying....combine that with the drive time and it just doesn't sound like a good deal.

hopefully maybe u can discuss a more favorable rate that'll benefit u.... GL
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

Here where I work they have car washes about every other week, they send a email out to us asking who would like a car wash, the minimum is 5 cars in order to have him show up at the place. Here we have about 75 employees in which if he cannot wash all of them he tends to come the following day or another day same week. He charges $20 for cars and $25.00 for SUV. Usually he has about 1 or 2 helpers helping him out. He has a wash, vacuum, and dressing the tires that about it.
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast