autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Capitalizing on a fantastic location/my business model, potential strategies, etc

Quote Originally Posted by srpurdy View Post
    More chances of sliping and falling in the bath tub, but sounds like you made up your mind. Building a business is hard, but you got the motivation which is very important. Sounds like you got the right mindset to be successful at it. I just started my detailing business, but I've built businesses since I was 16 years old. (over 15 years) I can say one thing. It takes way more time and effort than most people think it does. So perpare yourself for that. Other than that advice. I think you are a bit like me. You like going in head first, and learn as you go. I'm Stubborn also, part of the fun of doing something is learning it yourself. So I completely understand that.

Best of luck to you!
    In the end, I don't care about how much I make, I care about how much applicable knowledge and lessons I can get from this. I think my "Doing the job till it's done right" mentallity will help me. But yeah. I'm a headfirst kinda guy. I'd rather fall flat on my face and fail doing this than work some mundane min wage job and make absoulutely nothing of myself other than a pitiful paycheck. I also like adventure. Doing this is pushing me far outta my comfort zone, giving me doubts, and to top it making me more responsible, but theres no other way I'd rather feel. I love it. Knowing myself, i'll make this successful, it'll be hard, i'll hate it at times, but if I give up on something like this, than I'm just a failure imo. I said no to college to be different, and to be successful. If I can't prove everyone wrong then my lifes pointless lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Capitalizing on a fantastic location/my business model, potential strategies, etc

Quote Originally Posted by AJS View Post
    In the end, I don't care about how much I make, I care about how much applicable knowledge and lessons I can get from this. I think my "Doing the job till it's done right" mentallity will help me. But yeah. I'm a headfirst kinda guy. I'd rather fall flat on my face and fail doing this than work some mundane min wage job and make absoulutely nothing of myself other than a pitiful paycheck. I also like adventure. Doing this is pushing me far outta my comfort zone, giving me doubts, and to top it making me more responsible, but theres no other way I'd rather feel. I love it. Knowing myself, i'll make this successful, it'll be hard, i'll hate it at times, but if I give up on something like this, than I'm just a failure imo. I said no to college to be different, and to be successful. If I can't prove everyone wrong then my lifes pointless lol.
    Right now is a good time to enter a lot of positive change going on with retirement and health benefits. Look into the Air Force too a lot of great jobs available.
    I've met a lot of folks that have dropped high paying jobs to join and they end up staying. I've also met those who pop in for a few years and leave. Whatever you decide you will do well just keep that work ethic up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heartsoulauto View Post
    Right now is a good time to enter a lot of positive change going on with retirement and health benefits. Look into the Air Force too a lot of great jobs available.
    I've met a lot of folks that have dropped high paying jobs to join and they end up staying. I've also met those who pop in for a few years and leave. Whatever you decide you will do well just keep that work ethic up.
    I'm 100% on the marines, specifically recon or infantry. I want to go the hard route, not the easy safe way through. No offense to the other branches, I can't talk trash yet, until i'm in. Thanks man. Plan right now is to hang around here for about 8-12 more months and then enlist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJS View Post
    I'm 100% on the marines, specifically recon or infantry. I want to go the hard route, not the easy safe way through. No offense to the other branches, I can't talk trash yet, until i'm in. Thanks man. Plan right now is to hang around here for about 8-12 more months and then enlist
    Brother I wish there was an easy branch. I'm in aircraft maintenance apand I can tell you I'm surrounded by the most overworked people I know. 13 hour days are the norm. I would agree typically most AF are inside the wire but I will tell you there are some of the most elite special operators in the AF. Research TACp and PJ.

Make the most out of your service, have the military teach you a skill possibly. If your heart is on infantry follow it. Just keep an open mind and do some research on all the possible jobs. Pm me if you want someone to talk to I have some of my closest friends in the army that fly helicopters and a family member was a medically discharged marine officer, infantry. If be glad to connect you to them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12