autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Building pressure washer

I want to do a small portable unit to move around a lot, see DMW CART AT: TractorByNet.com - Compact Tractor Forum (Re: pressure washer to draw from a tank??
    I use a Comet AXD 2520 pump with a 4hp Honda GC engine with no problems ( 2.5 gpm @2000psi). No problems with it drawing the water from the tank. It originally came on a 2 wheel hand cart, but is wasn't practical for my useage. Put it on a small wagon with a 30 gallon tank to make it portable.)

I pretty much want same type of set up 35 gallon tank, but considering use a PREDATOR ENGINE; ( http://www.harborfreight.com/engines...epa-60363.html )
    now what would be the right pump (CAT,AR,KARCHER or GENERAL) to use with this engine to pull water through, looking to do 3 vehicles and photos or video will be a big help also looking to have a bypass on pump to recirculate water as to not cause damage to setup

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Building pressure washer

I would use a belt drive pump. Belt drives wont give you any problems pulling from a tank. As far as bypassing back to the tank, thats simple. run a line straight off your unloader back to a bulkhead or whatever in the top of the tank. Ive built many of machines. btw id check out a lifan instead of a predator. Home depot carries the lifans as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    I would use a belt drive pump. Belt drives wont give you any problems pulling from a tank. As far as bypassing back to the tank, thats simple. run a line straight off your unloader back to a bulkhead or whatever in the top of the tank. Ive built many of machines. btw id check out a lifan instead of a predator. Home depot carries the lifans as well.
    Thanks Ron G any photos or certain model pump to work with Lifans
    will I still be able to add engine (Lifan) and Belt driven pump on wagon/cart to a 35 - 65 gallon tank and still be able to do three cars easily?
    I want to do a small portable unit to move around a lot, see DMW CART AT: TractorByNet.com - Compact Tractor Forum TractorByNet.com - Compact Tractor Forum
    Last edited by 215Detailing; 08-26-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: added more questions

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea or you could do a gear box as well. There's a guy here in Louisville ky, Russ Johnson at south side equipment. He can get you the best fit. Gear box would work better for being compact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    Yea or you could do a gear box as well. There's a guy here in Louisville ky, Russ Johnson at south side equipment. He can get you the best fit. Gear box would work better for being compact.
    Thanks for the info RonG

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider a used Honda GX over a new predator motor. Just unbolt whatever mounted to motor and atatch pump. Also I would mount a presure washer hose reel to that wagon. Maybe solid rubber tires as the air ones seem to always go flat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STPETEDALE View Post
    I would consider a used Honda GX over a new predator motor. Just unbolt whatever mounted to motor and atatch pump. Also I would mount a presure washer hose reel to that wagon. Maybe solid rubber tires as the air ones seem to always go flat.
    Thanks at STPETEDALE, been thinking hard on a HONDA GX160 just may pull the plug, any suggestions on good cat pump with bypass to hook to the GX160 just bolt pump on fill with gas/oil connect hoses and start working.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the HONDA engine & COMET pump (self priming) setup used in this video
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1cxdLSe62I]Mobile Detailing Compact Trailer Setup - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Even Scottys unit (HONDA GX200 engine KARCHER pump model can't see) is nice and on a diamond plate

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkJKbPSgTNM]Mobile Detail- Pressure Washer Set Up - YouTube[/video]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast