autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How many is to many?

So I have a 2017 Silverado. Before finding the autogeek I was doing all the wrong things. This weekend I took some time a got on with G.G. Complete compound and a d.a. and took out all the waterspots and little swirl and scratches that where in it. The truck turned out great for my first time. I did notice that it does for sure need clayed bar. So my question is how many times can I use a d.a on it witout worry about damaging the clear or going through?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many is to many?

Depends on how agressive you're getting with your DA. I'm going to assume its not a long throw, and that you're not going to be doing a multistep correction each time. With that in mind, you should only have to polish... once a year "?" if you maintain your truck properly.

I guess what i'm saying is that you shouldn't really have to worry about polishing through your clear with a DA.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.