autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

what is your favorite paint coating & why.

What is your favorite coating? (not pro version)I have used only two so far, opti-coat 2.0 and cquartz uk. I am looking to try to find all the differences of each. I know uk and opti-coat go on a little different. I have several coating jobs this spring after it warms up in KY. I would like to try gloss coat and 22ple. I don't want to add a topper on like reload to the coating, i don't like to a topper because i don't like rubbing on the paint after it has been polished.

Here is one i used opti-coat 2.0

Here is one i used Cquartz uk with no reload

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what is your favorite paint coating & why.

Technically, youre applying a topper to the coating not the clear. If you use plush MF towels to apply Reload, youre not harming anything.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayroger View Post
    What is your favorite coating? (not pro version)
    No obscenely over-priced "pro version" Coatings
    for me, either.

Quote Originally Posted by sayroger View Post
    I have used only two so far, opti-coat 2.0 and cquartz uk.

I don't want to add a topper on

i don't like to a topper because i don't like rubbing on the paint after it has been polished.
    The use of: Toppers...is debatable in my book.
    However:

I'd almost bet that you "rubbed on the paint", if the paint
    was polished...(or even if the paint was not polished)...
    when you applied either of those two Coatings.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Love both I've tried, uk and ameriarmour. I want to try the dodo juice infinity, myabi, mohs and cosmic. I like ameriarmour because it really worked we'll on glass and trim, and it's just nice to have the simplicity of one product on a whole car.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like black label paint coating - SO easy to apply and lasts.

That being said, I am in the midst of doing a 50/50 on my hood - one half with Nanoskin MegaTrend (seemed a bit more difficult to apply, and not as "slippery" as black label, but -and this is subjective for sure - seemed to give a deeper, wetter look) and the other with black label paint coating.

I'll post up a separate thread / review when it's more than 1 day old

Post Thanks / Like

whatever OPT sells. so, now, Gloss-Coat. mainly because Opti-Coat has made my life so much easier re: keeping my vehicles looking better longer whilst being easier to clean. also, because Dr. G is a paint chemist and is based in the US so it's easy to reach the dude who actually makes the coating. all the political bickering and professional detailer conspiracy theories aside, the very fact that the guy making it has massive experience making the very paint the coating goes on is a HUGE plus for me.

i don't have personal longevity info back yet on Gloss-Coat but i can 100% attest to the ridiculously easy application, insane slickness/gloss and its wild aversion to water.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

About a month and a half in on a gloss coat application and it's holding up well. Not too good at keeping feline claw marks off the paint however... )

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

CQ UK is my favorite consumer paint coating. It's time tested for me and provides amazing results. Gloss Coat is amazing as well and C.A.R Bulletproof.

I have used Duragloss Enviroshield and Anericana Americoat as well.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

I have only use WGDPS 3.0 but recently used PolishAngel Glasscoat Cosmic coating 3 weeks on Christmas eve and today was the first wash and beaded and cleared the water easily. I loved how easy the 2 step process went and no IPA wipe down and no high spots to worry about.I notice when I washing the panels that when my wash mitt went from my glass to panel glided like on ice. The care had coated road grim and salt residue on the bumpers and below the doors and we had several days in single digits and zero temp. I am going to be very interested to see about the durability . I will be using Viking Spritz every 4-6 months like you would use Reload from CarPro.

I let you know how this coating holds up over time. I was told by Travis that I can expect 24 months. I had seriously considered Cquartz UK but was worried about high spots and flashing issues. I was impressed with the Glasscoat Invincible Primer ease and how literally paint did squeak when I wiped the it off. with a microfiber towel.

Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both Duragloss and Detailers Pro and have to say that as far as being user friendly, the DP wins that. I have the DG applied to 2 customers rides and just did a courtesy rinseless wash this past Saturday and I can report that after almost 3 monthes it still cleaned up well and the shine is awesome, so the DG is winning there.

The DP is on my wife's ride and it too is holding up well, shine and beading is strong, especially on a car that used and abused.

The price advantage goes to DG but DP isn't too far behind, much cheaper than others out there for sure, so IMO its really which one "talks to you", once you get to that point, buy it, use it and enjoy it!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast