autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which waterless wash?

I have seen quite a few claims about lack of marring using rinseless and waterless methods, but I have never seen a real test with real high quality photos taken in the Sun

Not saying some are not getting good results, but a car that only requires cleaning 7-8 times in 6 months is probably not the best demonstration of RW/WW results

I have tried every wash method mentioned in the Forum to try and avoid wash induced marring on a black SUV. I maintain any claims of 100% marring free cleaning are exaggerated, regardless of the method

Just my experience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I have seen quite a few claims about lack of marring using rinseless and waterless methods, but I have never seen a real test with real high quality photos taken in the Sun

Not saying some are not getting good results, but a car that only requires cleaning 7-8 times in 6 months is probably not the best demonstration of RW/WW results

I have tried every wash method mentioned in the Forum to try and avoid wash induced marring on a black SUV. I maintain any claims of 100% marring free cleaning are exaggerated, regardless of the method

Just my experience
    I must agree about black, it's just maddening. But I will say the damage is very superficial, with proper washing technique, and easily buffed away once or twice a year.

Post Thanks / Like

So after reading
    Waterless wash is a product you spray on and wipe off.
    No Rinse is a product you spray on and wipe off.
    Both have water
    Any time you wash you auto you will do some kind of paint damage, how bad depends on your technique.
    I still don't understand No Rinse and Waterless, people on here say theirs a difference and yet no one will explain what it is.
    We all do this because of the passion, helpfull input can make us all better in what we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom E IL View Post
    So after reading
    Waterless wash is a product you spray on and wipe off.
    No Rinse is a product you spray on and wipe off.
    Both have water
    Any time you wash you auto you will do some kind of paint damage, how bad depends on your technique.
    I still don't understand No Rinse and Waterless, people on here say theirs a difference and yet no one will explain what it is.
    We all do this because of the passion, helpfull input can make us all better in what we do.
    I've mentioned before that, more and more, the use of hybrid methods to wash vehicles is becoming the "norm". Hybrid methods such as:
    Going to a self-service car wash facilities to pre-rinse, and other wand-functions, prior to RW/WW; pre-soaking with WW, then RW; power washing at home prior to RW/WW---the possibilities are endless.

Anyways:
    Here's a Mike Phillips article that is, IMO, a concise tutorial on the various types/methods of car washing:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-detailer.html

Hope this helps.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom E IL View Post
    wut

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    as far as process,

waterless wash - you use a sprayer and towel(s)

rinseless washes - you use a bucket and wash media and towel

as far as products,

i only know (meaning use) one line of products regarding both waterless and rinseless. waterless there means that it has a massive amount of the special magic polymers but won't easily streak. the rinseless item is apparently more dependent on water for the polymers to work and the concentration of magic bits isn't nearly as high...and if it's too high, it streaks...
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456