autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which waterless wash?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Is that waterless, Bob? D114 is a rinseless at 1:128. You're actually diluting it even more with double the amount of water to use as a waterless wash?? Hard to believe...
    •What's so hard to believe...
    Most "waterless-washes" are >90% water.

•Anyway...You don't have to believe me:
    -Try it sometime yourself.

OR:

-Feel free to watch this video:
    [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cICbdJocUI4"]How to use Meguiar's D114 & D115 Rinse Free Express Wash - YouTube[/video]
    Starting at ~8:48 through ~9:20...for dilution ratios of D114...as recommended by a couple of the Meguiar's product-developers/experts.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

No, I didn't mean I don't believe you. I meant it's hard to believe a rinseless wash product could work as a waterless wash diluted that way. If it does, that's phenomenonal. You see, most products that are advertised as a rinseless wash needs to be diluted LESS with water to work as true waterless wash or even as a QD, i.e. more product, less water.

We are still talking about waterless washes, aren't we?

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I've seen that video before but I watched it again up to the point where they start washing. They're talking about and demonstrating a rinseless wash with the D114 at 1:128. That's not waterless. There's a huge difference between rinseless and waterless.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I didn't mean I don't believe you. I meant it's hard to believe a rinseless wash product could work as a waterless wash diluted that way. If it does, that's phenomenonal. You see, most products that are advertised as a rinseless wash needs to be diluted LESS with water to work as true waterless wash or even as a QD, i.e. more product, less water.

We are still talking about waterless washes, aren't we?
    Yes...waterless-washes.
    Even the many QDs that can be used as WW.

•D114 is a very highly concentrated and lubricious product...
    -Remember: At a 1:15 ratio...it becomes a "panel wipe".
    -Not too many (if any) designated RW/WW-products can make that claim.

•I've found that the 1:256 dilution ratio is usually strong enough for lighter washing tasks.

•I'll go more towards the 1:128 ratio for heavier washing tasks (wheels, rear clips, for example)

A little does go a long way!!

Okay, I've seen that video before but I watched it again up to the point where they start washing. They're talking about and demonstrating a rinseless wash with the D114 at 1:128. That's not waterless. There's a huge difference between rinseless and waterless.
    Would you please explain what those huge differences are. TIA.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

As far as WaterlessWashs go I like Pinnicle and Ultima Waterless Wash they are both great. as far as Rinseless I have yet to try the D114 or D115. But I like the Optimum and Blackfire.
    The OP's situation is much better for Rinseless but he would need to find shelter to use it. iE a mall garage, A car wash place etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I thought a "waterless" thread was mistakingly turning into a "rinseless" thread by the mention of D114.
    It seems Bob is pretty confident D114 would work as a waterless.
    I would have never guessed, but I'll take his word for it.
    After using ONR, I didn't think it, nor any rinsless, could be used as a true waterless unless mixed in rediculously high concentrations.
    I'll have to check out D114 after I go through my gallon of ONR, my gallon of DG rinseless, my gallon of Pinnacle waterless...It's going to be a while.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't necessarily believe it either. Up until about 2 months ago I had never used d114 or d115. I will say that I have (in gallons) ONR,ONR+wax, Pinnacle ww, BF ww, DP ww, UWW and d114 & d115 are better than all of them IMO. If someone wants a sample, pm me and I'll get some out to you. I bought 4 gallons of each over the BF sale.

Post Thanks / Like

D115/D114 set the bar at new levels in my opinion.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily believe it either. Up until about 2 months ago I had never used d114 or d115. I will say that I have (in gallons) ONR,ONR+wax, Pinnacle ww, BF ww, DP ww, UWW and d114 & d115 are better than all of them IMO. If someone wants a sample, pm me and I'll get some out to you. I bought 4 gallons of each over the BF sale.
    I can vouch for his gallons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post

Would you please explain what those huge differences are. TIA.

Bob
    as far as process,

waterless wash - you use a sprayer and towel(s)

rinseless washes - you use a bucket and wash media and towel

as far as products,

i only know (meaning use) one line of products regarding both waterless and rinseless. waterless there means that it has a massive amount of the special magic polymers but won't easily streak. the rinseless item is apparently more dependent on water for the polymers to work and the concentration of magic bits isn't nearly as high...and if it's too high, it streaks. are the polymers the same between both products? don't know. are they related? probably, but can't be sure. i just know that in regard to that line's items, if you make the rinseless too strong, it will streak whereas the waterless seems very concentrated and doesn't streak.

i am curious, slightly, about the concentration possibilities with the Meguiar's items, particularly if it can be used as a said "panel wipe" sort of product. that is intriguing to me.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast