autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

first detail coming soon

well I think i'm almost ready , I ordered my klasse aio, klasse sealer, souveran paste wax, souveran spray wax and a porter cable kit with extra pads. I ended up with 3 orange 3 white 3 blue 2 gray 1 yellow and the 2 red that are free with the buffer

Lake Country - Porter Cable 5.5 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pad Kit FREE BONUS

Lake Country 5.5 Inch CCS Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice!

The truck i'm gonna try this all on is a black 07 suburban "mama's truck" that has never been buffed just hand waxed 2 times a year with a good amount of drive thru car washes. I will do my best to get pics. I'm debating on picking up some megs 105 and 205 just incase the aio doesn't cover them all. This will be my first detail with a da style polisher and good products so any advice would be appreciated.I am aware of the videos posted and watched some numerous times, great info all over this site .thanks,JP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: first detail coming soon

Congrats on the new purchases!
    You'll probably want the megs, don't expect too much correction from the aio. Based on how you said the vehicle has been cared for in the past it will most likely need a full correction. It just depends on what your expectations are for the final results.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the heads up,I wasn't sure if the aio would have any cut to it. I'm hoping to remove all the swirls and light scratches and get that nice deep look back

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO has virtually none, it's more of a paint prep step for SG.
    My personal favorite is Menzerna FG400, it's a great one step polish, finishes down great.

Here's a Chevy I did with it.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the no cut on the Klasse however it is necessary for the SG. You'll also want the SG to cure a bit before adding the wax.

Another point to consider is if it gets tunnel washes they will erase all your hard work if you do attempt a correction. With that said, i have done full corrections when i first started out as "practice" and to refine my skills doing it and fully knowing the customer will proceed to trash it again. I just wanted to see how effective i was at cutting the paint down and finishing it out and that might be worthwhile for you anyway. Just don't be disappointed if "mama" takes her truck through the tunnel wash in a month! You knew you did it.

Not meaning to hijack but just a tangent quick question...

Custsprty, is that hood done with just FG400? Looks phenomenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    I agree with the no cut on the Klasse however it is necessary for the SG. You'll also want the SG to cure a bit before adding the wax.

Another point to consider is if it gets tunnel washes they will erase all your hard work if you do attempt a correction. With that said, i have done full corrections when i first started out as "practice" and to refine my skills doing it and fully knowing the customer will proceed to trash it again. I just wanted to see how effective i was at cutting the paint down and finishing it out and that might be worthwhile for you anyway. Just don't be disappointed if "mama" takes her truck through the tunnel wash in a month! You knew you did it.
    Very good points.

The AIO will not do any correction, even on a polishing pad with a DA. For me, AIO and SG created such a great shine it almost made the swirls look worse. If you need the swirls to go away, abrasive products are needed.

Agree too on the tunnel wash. First trip back through the thing and your hard work may be out the window.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking to do some actual correction of the finish and you're inexperienced with a buffer I would actually substitute D300 for M105. D300 is a lot more forgiving, dusts less, finishes better and is sun-friendly. D300 on a MF cutting or finishing pad provides a lot of correction power, but then again so does M205 via KBM method, so you could really kill two birds with one stone by buying M205 and some MF pads.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

custmsprty that hood looks great!! I hope to get my truck close to that

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the tips I appreciate it everyone. lol I told mama that tunnel washes are out of the question after i detail it, i suggested the touchless down the street from her usual spot if we don't have time to hand wash. On the brighter side i ordered a griots clay bar and some 105 / 205 for swirl removal and its looking like my AG order should be here tomorrow.