autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: 2011 black lexus is 250

To the OP...

Just read your PM and instead of answering in the private message I'll post to your thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsuperbee13 View Post

I picked up a nice, used, one owner is250 and there are some minor swirls and holograms around the the vehicle.

I was just wondering what would be the best combo of polish and pad to use with my PC to correct the paint.

I have triple of all the all the LC smooth pads and the Wolfgang series products.

First I have an entire write-up for buffing out a Lexus IS 250 here,

Step-by-Step How-To use the Porter Cable 7424XP

Today's project is to restore a the finish on this 2008 Lexus IS 250 which has light swirls and water spots.

To keep it simple... my guess is you're going to need at a minimum the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover which is medium cut polish and either a foam polishing pad or foam cutting pad to remove the defects.

Do some testing to see what it takes to remove the defects fast enough and effectively enough.

If you have the Uber Compound, you might even want to test this with both a polishing and cutting pad. The goal is to find the right combination of pad plus product that will remove the defects to your satisfaction and then get busy buffing out the car.

After the defects are removed then re-polish using the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and the black foam finishing pad and then seal her up with your choice of a wax, sealant or coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    To the OP...

Just read your PM and instead of answering in the private message I'll post to your thread....

Today's project is to restore a the finish on this 2008 Lexus IS 250 which has light swirls and water spots.

To keep it simple... my guess is you're going to need at a minimum the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover which is medium cut polish and either a foam polishing pad or foam cutting pad to remove the defects.

Do some testing to see what it takes to remove the defects fast enough and effectively enough.

If you have the Uber Compound, you might even want to test this with both a polishing and cutting pad. The goal is to find the right combination of pad plus product that will remove the defects to your satisfaction and then get busy buffing out the car.

After the defects are removed then re-polish using the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and the black foam finishing pad and then seal her up with your choice of a wax, sealant or coating.

Thanks mike! I removed most swirls and holograms with the white pad and Wolfgang 3.0 swirl remover. There are some very light fine scratches left. What pad you recommend that I move up to?

Post Thanks / Like

I just have these fine scratches that need to come out. Otherwise I think I've found my product and pad combo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    To the OP...

Mike is there any advantage/disadvantage to using the 5" backing plate vs the 6"?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123