autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: very disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Wondering if any geeks would drink it. I know they wouldn't use it to wash their car.
    Ha ha, that's kind of like people complaining about the price of gas, but then buy their cup of Starbucks coffee at what $40/gallon?

Post Thanks / Like

As said before, don't look strictly at the ph. But if you do and since you are based in germany I would look at Sonax Multistar (ph 11) or Sonax active foam cleaning energy (ph 6,5). Mix multistar with water and make if a 5 % solution and the ph will drop to a, for you, acceptable level. I am mostly using Multistar and it will clean very good. The foam is not as a good cleaner but better ph.

If you are using Ma-Fra, wich are good products, I would use silver foam cleaner. Great foam and nice cleaning.

Tar removers that are very common in Germany and Sweden is almost never used on cars in the states, only before correction, but here everyone is using them. All the time as well.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

When I see a post like this, I like to point out that in 2014, there are COATINGS available to use as protection. No need to worry about PH issues. You are a perfect candidate for a permanent or semi permanent coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    The product you have noted would probably be one I would advise against, unless as a last resort, because it does contain a lot of the hydroxide ingredients. These are the big concern to private vehicles because the hydroxides can do a lot of damage to the likes of chrome trims, if used too strong. As you will appreciate, commercial vehicles don't tend to have that sort of thing so this sort of product is ideal for them.
    Amazing. I asked for help but never believed that i will get this kind of help. "Hydroxides can do a lot of damage to the likes of chrome trims" This is my biggest problem, more specific trims that are around windows, I damaged some and was very angry, I will never want to damage someones car, I relly want to care for my consumers cars like they are mine.

Quote Originally Posted by porta View Post
    As said before, don't look strictly at the ph. But if you do and since you are based in germany I would look at Sonax Multistar (ph 11) or Sonax active foam cleaning energy (ph 6,5). Mix multistar with water and make if a 5 % solution and the ph will drop to a, for you, acceptable level. I am mostly using Multistar and it will clean very good. The foam is not as a good cleaner but better ph.

If you are using Ma-Fra, wich are good products, I would use silver foam cleaner. Great foam and nice cleaning.
    I`m from Macedonia and the car that I worked here was from Germany. Anyway we have dealers of Sonax and Mafra here and I use some of them.

I`m using Sonax Intensive Cleaner, and this is one that makes damage to trims, or i don`t use it correctly, i use with 1.5 gallaon spray pump, those who use this kind of products, use them with compressed air pumps.

How you use Multi-Star.

I asked one that uses Ma-Fra Silver Foam Cleaner, was very happy, then asked dealer of Ma-Fra he told me Jeddy 2.0 is more safe.

Will see what PiPUK thinks about this. I need to find MSDS for Silver Foam.

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    You are a perfect candidate for a permanent or semi permanent coating.
    YOU KILLED ME. I have just one month education with detailing. BUT my mind is in bad condition (i feel this) it wants to blow, I even searched in Google for my problem. 8-10 hours a day reading and reading and reading, the other part of 24 hours is thinking and sleping.

More interesting people in my town with 70 000 residents, and for sure 20 000 cars. They don`t have idea what is coating.

What I learned, and chosed for working.
    Flex 3401
    Menzerna FG400 & SF4000
    Duragloss 501 for one step polishing.
    LC Hybryd Pads
    Collonite 845
    Cquk for coating
    CarPro CeriGlass with Rayon pads
    Eraser, IronX, Gold Plush Jr, Microfiber etc..

Looks easy, BUT before one month i didn`t have idea what are they.

Thanks to all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12