autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Micro Fiber Cleaners

Quote Originally Posted by twitch77 View Post
    Just doing a maintenance wash after each use I use a little bit of regular laundry detergent with about a cap or two of Meg's APC+. I dry them on extra low or on the air only setting of the dryer to keep static down.

If I need to do some heavy duty cleaning I will place the towels in a bucket of water with an ounce or so of Purple Power degreaser, agitate and let them sit overnight. I'll rinse them really well afterwards and wash via my normal routine listed above.

These processes have worked out fine for me. I never did see the need for a dedicated MF cleaning solution.
    I agree on the dedicated MFC, really no need. Thanks for the great info.. Getting a wash load ready now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KenVette57 View Post
    I agree on the dedicated MFC, really no need. Thanks for the great info.. Getting a wash load ready now
    You're welcome. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I am fairly new to microfiber also. I have been using them for only about 3 months. When I first got them, I read that you aren't supposed to use anything with dyes, fabric softeners, perfumes or dry them on high heat. Since we already had All Free & Clear for my toddler, I decided to use that. It worked OK, but I kept reading how much MF detergent makes a difference. I finally broke down and bought BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer. I have to say, it made a huge difference in the towels. They come out of the dryer softer and more "staticy." They are just as clean, if not cleaner, using the Blackfire. I hear the Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator is even better, so I can't wait until this runs out.
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

What it's the difference in a mf cleaner and regular laundry detergent? I just got some cg mf cleaner and I can't really tell a difference. Wash on normal setting, med water temp to really clean but not too hot, and dry on low.

I'm so paranoid about my towels I'm always afraid dust might be on them so I rewash them before I USE them. Too over the top?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTruckn View Post
    What it's the difference in a mf cleaner and regular laundry detergent? I just got some cg mf cleaner and I can't really tell a difference. Wash on normal setting, med water temp to really clean but not too hot, and dry on low.
    I wash mine the same way. I don't know what the difference is between detergent and MF cleaner. From what I have read, I think some or all MF cleaners have a water softener in them? I'm not sure why, but mine have more of the static cling to them. Makes it feel like my hands are sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTruckn View Post
    I'm so paranoid about my towels I'm always afraid dust might be on them so I rewash them before I USE them. Too over the top?
    I got a lot of jokes made at my expense because I freaked out when my wife washed my MF towels in regular detergent and put them in the dryer with a dryer sheet on high. I look at it this way. MF towels are expensive and I actually have to save up for mine or I have to wait until they are included as a free gift, so I want to make sure they last and I take the best care of them. I you bought a brand new Vette, would you run it through a car wash every time? I wouldn't at all, but I'm sure there are some people that do that. Does it make it right? Well, everyone has their own opinion and standards.

So, don't think you are over the top for worring about your MF towels.
    Ryan

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have only 2 Mf towels should i wash them alone with laundry detergent?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy1925 View Post
    i have only 2 Mf towels should i wash them alone with laundry detergent?
    If you have only two, I would hand wash them in a bucket with your favorite MF cleaner and line dry them. Hand washing is a time consuming PITA but, if you want to get out all or most of the stains, hand washing is the only way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,

Would you recommend line drying in the balcony. In Dubai, the heat gets up to 100 - 122 degrees plus in the Summer.

What would you recommend in this case. Line dry inside the home or on the balcony where there is plenty of sunshine?

Thanks,
    P

Post Thanks / Like

I use tide free and clear, a little white vinegar.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also new to washing MF towels. I've used MICROPAK Micro Fiber Cleaner & Revitalizer and some reason all my towels comes out 'grabby' Towels I'm washing are Pakshak Ultra Plush and AG Chincilla MF

I washed about 15 towels so by the instruction on the bottle it say to use 1oz and so I poured it in the washing machine with the towels and set it to cold wash cycle. After rinsing cycle and I hang-dry them till the next day. When all the towels are dry, I feel the towels gets "grabby" when I run my hands over the dried towels. I grab my freshly bought towels and its smooth to the touch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast