autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg's #26 over Meg's #21?

I used Meg's #21 on a few panels but I like the Meg's#26 yellow better.What steps are needed to remove the Meg's #21 so I can apply the Meg's #26?The Meg's #26 has a much smoother-slippery finish IMO.The process was a three step,M-105,M-205 and M-21.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg's #26 over Meg's #21?

You can do an IPA wipedown on the panel you applied #21 on. But why not apply #21 fully then let cure and then apply #26? #21 will last longer since its a sealant and #26 won't last as long as a wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    You can do an IPA wipedown on the panel you applied #21 on. But why not apply #21 fully then let cure and then apply #26? #21 will last longer since its a sealant and #26 won't last as long as a wax.
    How long should I allow the Meg's #21 to cure?The car is garage kept&only driven on sunny days so its protected all the time from the elements.So I assume it's ok to apply the wax over the sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster19 View Post
    How long should I allow the Meg's #21 to cure?The car is garage kept&only driven on sunny days so its protected all the time from the elements.So I assume it's ok to apply the wax over the sealant?
    Let it cure for at least 12 hours, then apply the wax right after. The car being garage kept during the curing process makes it a lot easier for the sealant to cure also not as many contaminants during the curing process. Applying a wax over a sealant is a practice that many here, including me, does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    Let it cure for at least 12 hours, then apply the wax right after. The car being garage kept during the curing process makes it a lot easier for the sealant to cure also not as many contaminants during the curing process. Applying a wax over a sealant is a practice that many here, including me, does.
    Sounds good man!Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

I've applied M26 atop not only M21 2.0...but other sealants as well...
    with a resulting D.O.I. that's always...

Bilaterally:
    Bodaciously-bold, and: Blindingly-brilliant.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.