autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best glossy tire dressing

Olive oil, no harmful silicones nor does it have a strong odor.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Megs ASD and Endurance Gel. I use SVRT too but it last just as long as ASD and ASD is much cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Theo_Auto_Fines View Post
    That is something I have never heard of/seen before...

None of the tire shines I use have what I would call "strong odors". Endurance gel has a nice grape smell to it and opti-bond is basically odorless as far as I can tell.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Theo_Auto_Fines View Post

What grade of olive oil?
    Something like Extra Virgin would get kinda expensive, wouldn't it?
    Since olive oil is known to have healing properties; and:
    many folks rub olive oil on their skin to reduce wrinkling...

Do you think applying olive oil to auto-tires would reduce
    the chance of said auto-tires from prematurely cracking?

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    That is something I have never heard of/seen before...

Heard of it...
    Over the years I've used many a product to clean-up/shine tires...Never any olive oil though.

Like I mentioned above: Olive oil has healing properties.
    Drinking a teaspoon of olive oil daily has many health benefits.

One such benefit is constipation relief. As such:
    Why anyone would use olive oil on tires beats the crap outta me, so to say.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a wet high gloss shine then Meg's endurance or black magic are the two to go with. Yes they both sling, a lot. CG silk shine dries black and satin without the sling. Don't really care for that super wet look.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of tires, any opinions on Auto Finesse tire gloss? It's in my cart on autopia. Looking into trying some of their products.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Meg's Endurance Gel is also OTC and looks great. Many people complain about it slinging, but I have never had an issue. Just allow several hours for it to soak in after application before driving... simple as that. Lasts a long time too.
    with

For lots of shine Meg's Endurance GEL is hard to beat. However.... ANYTHING you put on tires is going to sling without letting it dry overnight.

Megs All Season or Hyper Dressing can have a decent shine if put on undiluted, but will sling much worse than the Endurance gel. Does have a 'smoother' look to it though.

Same thing for Opti-Bond. Smooth look to that one as well.

PERL is something totally different though. Yes it'll sling before it's dry, but after it dries it is a look and feel unlike anything else I've ever used. I don't use it straight on anything, it's either 1:1, 1:3 or 1:5.

First time I saw it I tested it on an old doughnut spare, that had never been on the ground. The tire wasn't washed or cleaned, just pulled it out of the trunk and used it 'as is'. For that test I didn't wipe or rub at all, just one quick spray and left it to dry overnight.
    • At 1:5 the thinnest dilution I use, it was very faint, but has a 'sealed' look next to bare rubber.
    • At 1:3 it's a satin look, smooth and with a noticeable sheen. (maybe my favorite)
    • AT 1:1 much more glossy and with the feel as if it's an armor coating. While it's shiny, it is NOT like Megs Endurance at all.
    • Doesn't look 'wet' at any dilution, just different levels of shine.

No matter the dilution PERL leaves a distinct coating on top of the tire. It's more like a shell than something that just darkens it. You can actually feel it with your fingers, and at stronger dilutions even with your fingernails. Which makes me wonder if it'd end up getting 'crusty' or 'crunchy'????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    with

For lots of shine Meg's Endurance GEL is hard to beat. However.... ANYTHING you put on tires is going to sling without letting it dry overnight.

Megs All Season or Hyper Dressing can have a decent shine if put on undiluted, but will sling much worse than the Endurance gel. Does have a 'smoother' look to it though.

PERL is something totally different though. Yes it'll sling before it's dry, but after it dries it is a look and feel unlike anything else I've ever used. I don't use it straight on anything, it's either 1:1, 1:3 or 1:5.

First time I saw it I tested it on an old doughnut spare, that had never been on the ground. The tire wasn't washed or cleaned, just pulled it out of the trunk and used it 'as is'. For that test I didn't wipe or rub at all, just one quick spray and left it to dry overnight.
    • At 1:5 the thinnest dilution I use, it was very faint, but has a 'sealed' look next to bare rubber.
    • At 1:3 it's a satin look, smooth and with a noticeable sheen. (maybe my favorite)
    • AT 1:1 much more glossy and with the feel as if it's an armor coating. While it's shiny, it is NOT like Megs Endurance at all.

No matter the dilution PERL leaves a distinct coating on top of the tire. It's more like a shell than something that just darkens it. You can actually feel it with your fingers, and at stronger dilutions even with your fingernails. Which makes me wonder if it'd end up getting 'crusty' or 'crunchy'????
    Are you trying to say that Opti-Bond required to dry overnight or else it will sling? If so, that is false. I use it straight after every wash and only takes 15 minutes to cure and dry to the touch. If you've experienced slinging, I'm wondering if it was due to improper tire cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't. Got plenty of experience with it
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

with

PERL is my favorite tire dressing period. The look it gives IMO, is the best I've ever seen. It is very hydrophobic and lasts a long time. But my favorite thing about it is that I've never had it sling onto the paint. Even 10 minutes after applying it and driving the car I have never seen it sling. It dries super fast and is so easy to spread on even the most difficult tires.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast