autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Steam cleaner questions

I'm on a bit of a budget but I need a steamer. Or shampooer. I am thinking to go with steamer since I've read that a steamer can do basically the same job on carpet a shampooer can do. Plus man more uses.
    I've look at one by Wagner a 1500w around $100 but (and I don't really know) I've seen some by shark that are 1000 and some 1300w steamers with different attachments like the Wagner. But half the price. So my question is when looking at steamers is the wattage one of the most important aspects? If so would a loss of only 200w be worth a savings of half?

If I need to look at more than the wattage and if its actually a steam jet, then what else do I need to look for?
    And does any one know of one around the $50 range that would be OK for now?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump*

Post Thanks / Like
    In that price range your best bet would be a McCulloah steamer. But in my opinion I would just start out with a Bissell Little green machine or something similar.

Sent from my fingertips using AG Online when I should be sleeping

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck the Wagner is cheaper than that

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steam cleaner questions

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    I'm on a bit of a budget but I need a steamer. Or shampooer. I am thinking to go with steamer since I've read that a steamer can do basically the same job on carpet a shampooer can do. Plus man more uses.
    I've look at one by Wagner a 1500w around $100 but (and I don't really know) I've seen some by shark that are 1000 and some 1300w steamers with different attachments like the Wagner. But half the price. So my question is when looking at steamers is the wattage one of the most important aspects? If so would a loss of only 200w be worth a savings of half?

If I need to look at more than the wattage and if its actually a steam jet, then what else do I need to look for?
    And does any one know of one around the $50 range that would be OK for now?

I have the Mytee streamer and i love it.
    By the way,,sometimes just trying a search of the items your wanting info on can yield much better and faster results
    Last edited by Dougw4355; 04-18-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: too early in am
    Mercedes C230 Sport edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougw4355 View Post
    I have the Mytee streamer and i love it.
    By the way,,sometimes just trying a search of the items your wanting info on can yield much better and faster results
    Doug!! I know where the search button is u do not have to put that little comment on all of my threads!
    Is it your job to clean up the threads on this site? Then why are you worried about how many threads there are and if some one uses the search feature.
    For your information I've been researching steam cleaners and shampooers for over a week now. Did you ever realize that some new products or info may have came out since the last thread that is close to the question I have?
    Also does it not make sense that maybe I would like to start a thread that has EXACTLY MY question vs one that is some what similar?

This is supposed to be a friendly helpful place where we are all friends and eager to help each other (EVEN IF U THINK THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO POST WHAT THEY DID)! At least that's the attitude I came here for and with.
    But its people like you who get on every one of my post just to tell me use the search button. O and to add a little comment so not to seem like that's the only reason they posted..

DOUG you and others like you can keep your comments and PM's to your self, if your only gonna take time to try to tell me what I should do when it comes to finding info or getting answers.. all the PM's and comments I get from people like u are nothing but discouraging and make me consider going go find another forum.

Bottom line if u don't like my thread for what ever reason skip it! And don't PM me about it either.
    Maybe I got the wrong firat impression of this forum (friendly and helpfull and full of people ready to answer questions and help) people like you are making me wonder if this forum is only here for that. Or if there is just a few actually nice helpful people here but the rest are stubborn old knuckle heads who feel like its their place to point out everyone's mistakes when posting..

Maybe I should just find another site.. I am so sick of one of these little comments on every thread or in a pm every time I make a thread.. IF YOUR NOT gonna help i ask YET AGAIN WILL U PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Mytee and love it. I don't use it much on carpet though. I ended up buying a mytee 8070, which cost a little more money. The steamer is awesome on seats, especially leather.

I agree that a good budget option would be a little green machine (pro heat version). I was using a hoover home-level extractor, and it did pretty well too. I just found that I couldn't be very efficient with it, so the $600 I spent on the extractor makes the jobs go fast enough that it'll pay for itself.

Don't sweat people that give you a hard time, I've had similar experiences. It's not always with mallace, but it can still be annoying.
    Kevin Davis - Detailer's Helper
    Detailing Tool Belts Detailer's Helper
    Facebook: Detailer's Helper

Post Thanks / Like
    for my personal use and I may do some family and friends vehicles I don't need the big brand steamer or extractor , I detail as a hobby . so for me the Bissel auto care pro heat and McCullough steamer works just fine for me .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    Doug!! I know where the search button is u do not have to put that little comment on all of my threads!
    Is it your job to clean up the threads on this site? Then why are you worried about how many threads there are and if some one uses the search feature.
    For your information I've been researching steam cleaners and shampooers for over a week now. Did you ever realize that some new products or info may have came out since the last thread that is close to the question I have?
    Also does it not make sense that maybe I would like to start a thread that has EXACTLY MY question vs one that is some what similar?

This is supposed to be a friendly helpful place where we are all friends and eager to help each other (EVEN IF U THINK THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO POST WHAT THEY DID)! At least that's the attitude I came here for and with.
    But its people like you who get on every one of my post just to tell me use the search button. O and to add a little comment so not to seem like that's the only reason they posted..

DOUG you and others like you can keep your comments and PM's to your self, if your only gonna take time to try to tell me what I should do when it comes to finding info or getting answers.. all the PM's and comments I get from people like u are nothing but discouraging and make me consider going go find another forum.

Bottom line if u don't like my thread for what ever reason skip it! And don't PM me about it either.
    Maybe I got the wrong firat impression of this forum (friendly and helpfull and full of people ready to answer questions and help) people like you are making me wonder if this forum is only here for that. Or if there is just a few actually nice helpful people here but the rest are stubborn old knuckle heads who feel like its their place to point out everyone's mistakes when posting..

Maybe I should just find another site.. I am so sick of one of these little comments on every thread or in a pm every time I make a thread.. IF YOUR NOT gonna help i ask YET AGAIN WILL U PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE?

Good call akj!

As far as a steamer! I started out using a little green machine and a old shark handheld steamer! For how cheap the Shark was, well someone gave it to me but they said it was cheap, it actually worked great as long as it was sitting upright! If it tipped it would spit out quite a bit of water but as long as it was sitting upright it was great! I just ordered the McCullah for 119.00! I can let you know how it works! I'm just starting a new mobile business and already spent 800 on an Extractor so I figured I'd try this steamer since it was so cheap! If it doesn't perform like I need then I'll step it up to a higher end steamer and use that for a backup! If I were you I'd go pick up one of those heated little green machines from Wal Mart to start! Mine worked really good on carpets and upholstery but it takes a little more time to extract the water! Make a little money using that then pick up a McCullah Steamer for cheap as long as it works good, which I'm thinking it will from what I've read on AGO...

Bill Parris
    Precision Detailz

Post Thanks / Like
    Can some one provide a link for the mentioned green machine I think I know what your talking about but I wanna be sure..
    Also some one offered me a $120 mchulla (or however its spelled) for a good price I'm gonna get.. hoping the steamer will work well on heavily soiled and stained carpet like a shampooer will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast