autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steam cleaner questions

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    Can some one provide a link for the mentioned green machine I think I know what your talking about but I wanna be sure..
    Also some one offered me a $120 mchulla (or however its spelled) for a good price I'm gonna get.. hoping the steamer will work well on heavily soiled and stained carpet like a shampooer will

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online
    Just go to Wal Marts website and search for it...I'm hoping the same as far as the McCullah cleaning carpets and mats because this Durrmaid Extractor I bought takes forever to heat up and a steamer would leave the carpets and mats much dryer! Let me know what you think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon.com: BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Deep Cleaner, 14259: Home & Kitchen

The one with the heater is better than without, and only a $10 difference.
    Kevin Davis - Detailer's Helper
    Detailing Tool Belts Detailer's Helper
    Facebook: Detailer's Helper

Post Thanks / Like

I have a wagner 905 and its a nice steamer for the price. It is good at spot cleaning but I have never used it to clean all the interior carpet.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akj View Post
    Can some one provide a link for the mentioned green machine I think I know what your talking about but I wanna be sure..
    Also some one offered me a $120 mchulla (or however its spelled) for a good price I'm gonna get.. hoping the steamer will work well on heavily soiled and stained carpet like a shampooer will

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online
    OK, I did a search, (been looking into them for myself as well lately)

Wagner Spraytech [915 Steamer]

Linking to outside providers with prices is a no-no.

Have to search a bit to find the links.

McCulloch is known mostly for power tools, outdoor gas type tools and such. I couldn't find the home site for their steamer. Although it's fairly easy to find it listed literally anywhere and everywhere on Google.

Don't see that big of a difference between the Wagner though, and the Wagner is at least $20 cheaper.

I'm hoping I can find a deal on a Mytee extractor though! We've had a little green clean machine for years. The problem with them, (both standard and pro-heat) is you really don't get any heating from them. Sure.... the pro-heat will heat the water "up to 20 degrees warmer" but that's not much in the grand scheme of things. Basically you need to put water as hot as you can get it into the thing and work QUICK.

The problem we've had with all of them we've owned is they eventually clog up or some little cheap plastic part breaks. (or both)

Vacuum Cleaners, Carpet Cleaners, Vacuum Parts & More | Bissell

Should be able to find anything you ever wanted to know about their stuff on their site.

Certainly a better price point than Mytee, and may be OK for floor mats and just light duty stuff. Couple that with a good strong shop vac and some dry carpet cleaner and it should cover most of what you'd need. (I know if I had someone with carpet that was so trashed I couldn't clean it with similar methods I'd probably just not do it.)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You might want to look at the water lift on a power-flite wet/dry vac with a steamer. The specs are impressive. The Bissell Little green machine is great but not as good as a good wet/dry vac imho.

Mike Phillips

Just to note...

If anyone feels like they are being harrassed on this forum or if you are being sent Private Messages that are harrassing you, the first thing you need to do is contact a Moderator or an Administrator and forward the offending Private Message and let the Mods and Admins take care of the issue.

If you find a forum member harrassing you in a thread, then please, click on the "Report Button" instead of engaging the person.

Like this,

What to do when you see a problem on the forum

ANYTIME you see someone causing a problem,

don't interact with them on the forum

Instead, click on the Report Post button

That way a record is created and sent to all Moderators and Administrators and you stay out of the fray.

Thank you...

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Mc Culloug and works fine, it does the job!!
    Just using destiled water all the time, releasing at the end of each use, the steam pressure. Do not leave it with the steam inside.

The steam use with your Apc & Mftowels at the same time, you will defenitly do a better detail job!!!

at Harbor Tools you will find this machine.

I use Apc´s from Meguiar´s, to simple green along with the steamer and does the work great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dear AKJ & Friends

I have the McCulloch, too, and it works fine. It ain't no Dupray or Daimer, but it beats a cigarette lighter under a thimble of water.

I bought the McCulloch to clean something nasty from my mother's '99 Malibu wheels. I believe it may have been a combination of tree sap, brake dust, and tar. It looked like my uncle, the previous owner, might have parked the car on a slope and pools of this unyielding matter formed in places on the wheels.

The McCulloch didn't make removal of this matter easy. I worked on one wheel for several hours with Optimum Power Clean, Goo Be Gone, and the steamer, finally wearing out one of the included brushes.

I didn't know what I was doing (and still don't), but I got 'er done.

If you know with absolute certainty that you're going to use a steamer several times a week for nearly every week of the year, check out the VX5000. It costs about US$800, but it's a commercial model that's more appropriate for professional use.
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The VX5000 is amazing! I got mine a few months ago and got better results than I ever imagined when I put it to work on my fiberglass tub enclosure. Haven't used it on my car yet but after seeing the results, Im a believer.You can use the hot water injection with a good shop vac and you should get great results on carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I had a Bad experience with High top dollar on a Vaporeto 3000 I bought back in 2007 I think.

cost me $1050dls
    That had way more Steam Psi, and Performance high? Not at all. I couldn´t return it. Back in 07, had bad financial problems, I pawn it. and unfortunatelly lost it.

Since then, at least no more Vaporetos for me. The Mc Culloug one, is doing his job, For interior prep!!!! nice cleaning. and ready for new Protectant on vinyl & Leather!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12