autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Best reccomendation for electric power washer?

Hey guys I was wondering what you reccomend for a nice pressure washer electric of course that holds up and is best priced for the work it does

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a karcher k3 series and its more than enought for washing cars

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best reccomendation for electric power washer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradmerritt View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering what you reccomend for a nice pressure washer electric of course that holds up and is best priced for the work it does
    My cheap electric PW experience...

I've gone through countless cheap (<$300) electric pressure washers and have observed they were all made in China and quality control was nonexistent. If you read many reviews of almost any model you will see loads of issues coupled with a few satisfied users. I'd suggest buying an extended replacement warranty with any cheap electric PW you buy as all but one unit I've ever purchased died in under 3 years.

As to the manufacturers warranty, most make you fight for every issue. One Power Washer model I bought was DOA. They sent me a replacement GFI plug after three weeks only to then find that the pump was defective as well. They wanted me to mail the unit in, at my expense, for repair and said it would be repaired within 90 days. I just took it back to the place of purchase.

Occasionally you will come across a model that will last for a while but if you actually take any of these cheaper machines apart you will see how poorly they are made. You really are into the $800 and up range before you start to see any sense of quality construction.

I like quality tools that I can rely on so I finally bought a Cam Spray Professional model. I believe this model will be running as long as I am around. I've spent more on power washers in direct cash and frustration over the years to have concluded that quality is worth the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Karcher K 2.360. $129 @ WalMart. So far So good. Comes with a year no questions replacement warranty from Karcher - no fixing the machine for a year. You send them the tag on the PW, and they send you a new one or a re-man if it goes bad. So, at least your getting a year out of it. Also, if that were to happen, you would still have an old machine for parts, maybe eventually you send it back to them somehow. Im not sure how they verify its actually broken, as I've never had an issue, so I've never has to use the warranty.

Some people have trashed Karcher and similar for their proprietary plastic fittings. But with the adapter, it works just fine. One guy on here was saying if you get an electric pressure washer at Costco, they will warranty it and replace it FOR LIFE. Now, that's awesome if its true. Right now my Costco has a Snap On labeled machine for the same price that looks pretty nice.

So if I had to do it over again, I would check with Costco to see if the warranty thing is true, if so - that's my choice. Of not, another Karcher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing. I bought mine used off Craigslist for 50$. I was looking at another one on there for 70$. If I went the gas route I could have easily got one under 250$.