autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornador Black

Post Thanks / Like

Tornador Black

How many people use this tool for interior cleaning? If you do is it a nice tool to have? I have been thinking about getting one to apply WG vinyl and rubber protectant.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornador Black

I already use compressed air to clean out crevices, vents, handles, etc. so I can see how this would be a step up from that and a big help.

Although, I've see some videos of guys using them to clean headliners and upholstery an inch at a time at a snails pace...looks stupid

I'd like to buy one for cleaning around buttons, nobs, vents, crevics, etc, but I don't think I'd use one for upholstery or carpet. I think there are much faster and effective methods...that's what I have a steamer and extractor for.

I'd like to see what other people think of this tool as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed.

Been on the fence on the TB just not convinced yet.

Post Thanks / Like

this tool is one of the most phenomenal pieces i own. owned the regular one and loved it so much i bought the black immediately. the snail pace is somewhat misleading, i use it to prep all cloth including carpet and specifically hit stains with this first. when is finish with my mytee it is incredible. for taking grime out of door panels again wow. my neighbors have literally been blown away with watching me with this tool. i do lots of daily drivers and mini vans and would be lost without this. i have been mixing krud kutter from home depot and amazing roll off at a 50/50 ratio. another benefit is the air adjustment. i use it full force on air vents and almost off on stereos. i own a beautiful steamer and find myself not using it nearly as much as i planned. living in oregon it is also good on mold around doors and windows. one more plus dirty disgusting cup holders, door pulls and kids gummi bears etc.

Post Thanks / Like

OH man! Now I want one!

Post Thanks / Like

I was also wondering if any one has used it on motorcycles? Espcially inbetween the areas of the motor like the picture below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tornador Black-dscn1266-jpg  

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

hands down beats useing a standard blow gun i use mine wth a mild acid based cleaner on doors and interior trims its main use is on carpet however itake dirty messed up carpet hit with this(as an agitator) then and extractor with just hot water and i turns out like new especially all the areas you cant touch with a brush very easiley ie;sides of seats door panel pockets etc..

this is something you cant live without..

on a snails pace,far from it acomplete detail on a simple sienna toyota would take 6to 8 hrs now takes two hrs..

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say about the Black specifically, but I do have an older model and it is a pretty useful tool. One of the things I heavily use it for is cleaning door jambs. I use it with ONR and it does a nice job blasting out debris and leaving a lubricated surface to wipe off with a MF.

I also find it useful for engine detailing, does a nice job of cleaning all the nooks and crannies that a brush won't reach into. I use OPC 3:1 for this.

I also use it for "spot treatment" for bird dung and bugs with either car wash soap or ONR, and even used it to apply Opti-bond before I got the dedicated gun. I would turn down the air pressure for this application though.

One of the first things I did though was modify the lower bottle acceptor to accomidate conventional 32oz spray bottles so I can swap them on the fly. If you want I can post up pics when I get home.

Post Thanks / Like

the black tornado is actually quite a bit more stout than the original. i use my older ones jar for switching on the fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bsirbu View Post

One of the first things I did though was modify the lower bottle acceptor to accomidate conventional 32oz spray bottles so I can swap them on the fly. If you want I can post up pics when I get home.
    Yes, please post pics.

I just bought 1 and can't wait to try it out.
    Old sig- My GG can beat up your PC
    New sig- Well, it's still got a lifetime warranty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast