autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best MILDEST polish by hand ?

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    If he wants to hand polish why not? Just a small project...
    Im not saying not to, just agreed with last post that if ita not visually needed then why do it. Certainly the op is able todo ow much or how littlw he wants. Im nobody to tell him not to, just giving suggestions is all. Maybe one he didnt think about.

And a small project? Yikes, i know how long it takes me to polish out a vehicle with a forced machine...again..couldnt imagine doing it by hand.

Or could just do the hood and deck lid, since thats the parts the eyes always see the easiest, if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Im not saying not to, just agreed with last post that if ita not visually needed then why do it. Certainly the op is able todo ow much or how littlw he wants. Im nobody to tell him not to, just giving suggestions is all. Maybe one he didnt think about.

And a small project? Yikes, i know how long it takes me to polish out a vehicle with a forced machine...again..couldnt imagine doing it by hand.

Or could just do the hood and deck lid, since thats the parts the eyes always see the easiest, if that makes sense.

yeah small project. The OP doesn't want to remove swirls or anything...Just hand polish his car - maybe 1-2 hours?...machine polish results? Of course not..

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously ya aint going to get same results or even comparable, hand vs machine.

Christ man im not arguing about it, just giving the guy a different fuckkin angle.

Honestly to the op, go buy whatever polish, its not going to matter much doing it by hand what brand you have imo. Its going to matter more what you use to apply the product.

Ymmv

Post Thanks / Like

Best MILDEST polish by hand ?

Agreed. I always hated hand waxing when that was a thing, couldnt imagine polishing by hand! Lol
    I applied McKee’s Graphene Sealant to this monstrosity earlier today by hand and that sealant is tacky as hell. I had to stop a couple times because my wrist got tired.Best MILDEST polish by hand ?#Best MILDEST polish by hand ?lol.

I think OP should use a paint cleanser. McKee’s Coating Prep Polish is the one I’d recommend.

5. Likes opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t recommend hand polishing except for small areas where a machine can’t be leveraged. Think about how hard it is for a newbie to install a coating without high spots. No way is someone going to be able to evenly polish a full car. That could result in an inconsistent look in full sun. We’re talking about mild polishes here but hand polishing could also result in inconsistent thicknesses of clearcoat if a more aggressive polish is used by hand because fingers put down inconsistent pressure in fairly small areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I don’t recommend hand polishing except for small areas where a machine can’t be leveraged. Think about how hard it is for a newbie to install a coating without high spots. No way is someone going to be able to evenly polish a full car. That could result in an inconsistent look in full sun. We’re talking about mild polishes here but hand polishing could also result in inconsistent thicknesses of clearcoat if a more aggressive polish is used by hand because fingers put down inconsistent pressure in fairly small areas.
    All the more reason for him to use a paint cleanser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I applied McKee’s Graphene Sealant to this monstrosity earlier today by hand and that sealant is tacky as hell. I had to stop a couple times because my wrist got tired.Best MILDEST polish by hand ?#Best MILDEST polish by hand ?lol.

I think OP should use a paint cleanser. McKee’s Coating Prep Polish is the one I’d recommend.
    Haha i bet, and it looks good.

Good suggestion on a paint cleanser. Never thought of that or used one. Is that what carpro essense plus is?

Post Thanks / Like

Best MILDEST polish by hand ?

Haha i bet, and it looks good.

Good suggestion on a paint cleanser. Never thought of that or used one. Is that what carpro essense plus is?

I’m not sure about Carpro Essence Plus.

I thought that was a coating healer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’m not sure about Carpro Essence Plus.

I thought that was a coating healer?
    Yeah i thought so too, but it also doesnt contain abrasives so, thats why i asked if it was similar cuz i dont know.

Im sure someone knows lol

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe essence plus has chemical cleaners but it also is basically a sealant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast