OK, so this is my first new post since joining. I've generally been able to find answers to my questions by doing searches. But this one seems to be one for which there is a gap in the information.

When I started out, I bought an off brand 6" DA. It worked fine, but I quickly realized it could do better. So I demoted it to cyclone brushes and also added a 3" backing plate for small areas. To replace it I bought a Griot's Garage 6" DA. And I'm happy I did. Although there was nothing "wrong" with the off brand polisher, the GG6 is noticeably better.

I'm beginning to think about my next addition. The way I see it, I have three main options:

Long Throw DA
Forced Rotation DA
True "mini" DA, like a real 3" polisher

I don't believe it's time for me to consider a rotary yet, and although I love the idea of the IBID (especially the cordless version), I don't think that should be my next step either. I have an idea which machine in each of the three categories I would likely add, but I just don't have a good feel for which category makes the most sense to be next.

As someone who has been serious about detailing cars for about a year, and who is doing it for money (part time), what is everyone's opinion for my next polisher?

Thanks all for the help you all provide. I do appreciate it.