Hi folks, I wanted to seal my black painted wheels using Poorboy's wheel sealant. I cleaned my wheels usins Auto Finesse Revolution soap. After that I used some Gyeon Iron, which is similar to Iron X. There wasn't much purple water so I guess it was pretty clear.
Tiny white spots black rims Clay Bar-img_3960-jpg

I noticed alot of white tiny spots, I thought I could get them off using the Gyeon Iron, but it didn't seemed to work. I can get them off with my fingernails but it takes some time and force. I had an Auto finesse claybar laying around so I tried using in on the rim with Auto finesse glide as a lubricant. (First time I used a claybar)

I constantly sprayed the area I was claying. It almost didn't come of but I saw some progression after rubbing for 2 min on the same spot. I clayed about 10min on one spoke of the wheel and most of the little white dots are gone. But I now see some big grayish marks, almost like dried water spots.

The side of the spoke is a little bit grayish. It does feel smoother then the other areas but did I damage the paint/clearcoat? I figured 10min might be way too long but it didn't want to came off and I saw no other option.

But considering I only did one spoke and all of my wheels are like that, can I just use the sealant on the wheels without claying and just ignore the tiny spots or is that even worse? I stopped claying after that one spoke, just cleaned the wheel again.

Any idea what these spots are and how I can remove them without damaging anything? Or should I just use the sealant straight away? Is it bad if I would seal it without removing the dots?

Look at the pictures to see what I mean.

After: notice the gray line on the end and the dots
Tiny white spots black rims Clay Bar-img_3966-jpg

Tiny white spots black rims Clay Bar-img_3967-jpgWhole rim