autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best liquid wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best liquid wax

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don't know, you're losing me here. The percentage of people who are going to pay for "solid work", as you put it, in any locale, is going to be very small. So you're going to be stuck doing the wash & wax jobs until you can develop a clientele of people who want to have their car polished, which may be never, in your rural area. But yet you want to take that customer that doesn't care, and that you clearly don't care about, and put a polisher on their car. Why?

How about shifting your perspective--and trying to differentiate yourself and at the same time make your job easier for the next time you wash this car (and maybe you will if you get above-average results). Since claying alone can frequently make a difference in the appearance of a vehicle, how about this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0aLOJKKM1k

Perhaps instead of viewing these customers as "against what you believe", if you take the lemons they are giving you and give them back lemonade, you can enhance your reputation and maintain your "integrity", show them that you can give them better results than a "cheap detalier" and create loyal customers and expand your clientele.
    Im using my polisher to spread the liquid wax in a matter of seconds vs minutes by hand. It has nothing to do with using the polosher on the vehicle. If I can apply and remove in 5-10 vs 30 i consider it a win since this isn't a high paying job.

I have yet to recieve any negative feedback and have gained over 75% of the work I have got from the word of mouth method.

Trying to educate a redneck on paint contaminates is near impossibly since they tend to play in said mud in their spare time lol. I love the people I live around but man they destroy the paintwork on thier vehicles and don't even see it.

Post Thanks / Like

re 845 durability ...
    Depends on environment and car maintenance methods ..
    I have it on father in laws CLK its over 4 months old for an outside car in Queensland Australia's sun.. ie hammers paint CC failure capital..
    It is still evident and still repelling water.... i can imagine over 6 months in kinder climates with correct care.. 476s (paste equivalent) is touted out to 12months..
    I will re-apply soon as summer is about to hit us..

personally on my cars i re-apply every month or so for any product i use (save coatings obviously) so durability not so much an issue.. appearance more so..

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845 would be a great choice; affordable, easy on/off (when applied thinly), no cleaning ability (so you can use your single pad). And being a "wax" rather than a sealer, it's not as finicky going down on an unprepped surface. It'll also bead very nicely for an extended time, giving the impression of quality and a job well done. Seems like a product that would fit your needs nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Optimum Car Wax is what I use on a lot of customer cars.

Yes, it's a spray wax, but is more like a spray sealant with Carnuba in it. Slick and glossy and quick and easy.

It's supposed to have good durability to it, but have never tested it.

I've never had a customer ask me why I didn't use a "traditional" style wax.
    I use this a s a maintenance wax and mix with ONR for a strong detailer spray.. its very good in that regard....
    Also decided to use it on the metal shed down the side of the house whose paint was starting to oxidise.. a quick spray coat rubbed in with foam pad and buffed with an old hand towell (care factor zero here.. it was to lift the residue and oxidised paint away ;0) )
    Fair play it worked outstandingly well taking it back to new and of course it lashed it down with rain shortly after and the beading was hilarious for a garden shed...
    I'll be keeping an eye on it to see how it holds up...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailsbydaniel View Post
    Trying to educate a redneck on paint contaminates is near impossibly since they tend to play in said mud in their spare time lol. I love the people I live around but man they destroy the paintwork on thier vehicles and don't even see it.
    What does this have to do with rednecks? 98% of the public doesn't know a swirl from a squirrel. You're complaining they won't "let" you do a good job, I'm suggesting you do a good job in spite of them. Contempt for your customers is likely not the best business strategy.

IMO if you've got a wash & wax customer, putting a polisher on the car is not the way to make money on the job. I've given you 3 options to quickly get the wax on, a good spray wax (of which there are several), a WOWA sealant (of which there are several), and the Optimum double-whammy method (or whatever they call it) that I linked the video of. You don't need to educate your customer at all, sell them your "wash & wax" package (as you are already doing) and let the results speak for themselves.

Anyway, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I think. For longevity and durability with a pretty decent shine you can't beat Collinite 845. I do like the poor boys Liquid Blue and their Sealant/Wax combo wax (1 product). If you are looking for (IMO) the best overall gloss and depth (not longevity) than Pinnacle Souveran Liquid wax. If you want to go $$ then look into the Polish Angel Liquid Wax. That wax is awesome too.

I hope this helps.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I find spray wax as a cheap detailers way of doing it. I want to try and keep my integrity lol. I thought of using collinite 845 but have heard it's tough to remove compared to others. Im tryg to find something I can spread via machine then come right back and wipe off. I like the idea of not spending much time waxing this particular type of customers vehicle since they have no appreciation for true detailing
    845 is easy on and off.. especially if you apply with a DA ie thin....

Comments re hard to remove usually from those who applied 3-4 times too much / thick ... and every product is harder to remove when you do that...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, you're losing me here. The percentage of people who are going to pay for "solid work", as you put it, in any locale, is going to be very small. So you're going to be stuck doing the wash & wax jobs until you can develop a clientele of people who want to have their car polished, which may be never, in your rural area. But yet you want to take that customer that doesn't care, and that you clearly don't care about, and put a polisher on their car. Why?

How about shifting your perspective--and trying to differentiate yourself and at the same time make your job easier for the next time you wash this car (and maybe you will if you get above-average results). Since claying alone can frequently make a difference in the appearance of a vehicle, how about this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0aLOJKKM1k

Perhaps instead of viewing these customers as "against what you believe", if you take the lemons they are giving you and give them back lemonade, you can enhance your reputation and maintain your "integrity", show them that you can give them better results than a "cheap detalier" and create loyal customers and expand your clientele.
    Great video. Work smarter not harder.

Im using my polisher to spread the liquid wax in a matter of seconds vs minutes by hand. It has nothing to do with using the polosher on the vehicle. If I can apply and remove in 5-10 vs 30 i consider it a win since this isn't a high paying job.

I have yet to recieve any negative feedback and have gained over 75% of the work I have got from the word of mouth method.

Will take less time to apply optimum car wax over the method you described. OCW does not need to haze and it is a true wax just in a sprayable form. Good durability and quick to apply. I could finish one car using OCW while you are applying a liquid wax by machine.

One thing you can do to educate your customers on contaminants is to clay one small area and have them feel the difference. But the video Setec posted is just so easy to do.

What does this have to do with rednecks? 98% of the public doesn't know a swirl from a squirrel. You're complaining they won't "let" you do a good job, I'm suggesting you do a good job in spite of them. Contempt for your customers is likely not the best business strategy.

IMO if you've got a wash & wax customer, putting a polisher on the car is not the way to make money on the job. I've given you 3 options to quickly get the wax on, a good spray wax (of which there are several), a WOWA sealant (of which there are several), and the Optimum double-whammy method (or whatever they call it) that I linked the video of. You don't need to educate your customer at all, sell them your "wash & wax" package (as you are already doing) and let the results speak for themselves.

Anyway, good luck.
    All good choices and the 1-2 punch of that video you posted is a winner. A great way to go as well that would net some good cash flow. Much easier to apply than taking out the polisher to spread product and then wait for it to haze before removing it.

Not to mention the fact that OCW has patents on UVA and UVB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edgar sanchez View Post
    how long does it last

Depends on climate. An approximate average I would say 4-6 months. In my opinion the best liquid wax on the market.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream no garage should be without it

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast