autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Low Profile Pads or LC ThinPro for BOSS

I have all, the Boss and LC ThinPros are the best pads I have used on long throws and normal 8mm DA's. The thicker BnS Low-Pro's are the best pads one can use on a 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So you prefer the LC Thin Pros w/o a hole in the middle over the LC HD Orbitals w/hole in the middle?
    I too was wondering the same thing, and this question was in part why I started this thread. What I like (on paper) about the LC Thin Pros is that the color scheme matches the CCS pads (e.g. Orange foam = heavy cut, white foam = polsihing pad) so long as its OK without the center hole for heat disipation. I was also curious seeing that the LC Thin Pros are $3 - $5 less than the LC HD orbit and Griot pads. But it does say they are for long stroke machines and LC knows a thing about pads.

Thanks to everyone so far for their input.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I too was wondering the same thing, and this question was in part why I started this thread. What I like (on paper) about the LC Thin Pros is that the color scheme matches the CCS pads (e.g. Orange foam = heavy cut, white foam = polsihing pad) so long as its OK without the center hole for heat disipation. I was also curious seeing that the LC Thin Pros are $3 - $5 less than the LC HD orbit and Griot pads. But it does say they are for long stroke machines and LC knows a thing about pads.

Thanks to everyone so far for their input.

ScottH

I would think part of the reason the HD Orbitals cost more are because they're larger. The Thinpros come in 5.5" and 6.5" whereas the HD Orbitals come in 6" and 7"+ they have the hole, and since the hole is the latest & greatest, I guess it's expected to cost a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Forum Members,

For those with BOSS G15's and G21's, are you using the Griot low profile pads (the ones designed specifically for the BOSS machines) or are some using the LC Thin Pro's?

Thanks,
    ScottH
    I am going to respond to myself (grin). I used the BOSS pads this past weekend (white and orange) with amazing satisfaction and results. The white pad is the firmest foam I've ever used, and the orange one isn't too far behind it - both have amazing cutting ability, of course the white has more - but the orange is no slouch. Both used with BOSS Correcting Cream (not the Fast Correcting Cream). They make any polisher run smoother. My only minor complaint was that I could not get them "spotlessly clean" after use. Don't get me wrong, they came more than clean enough to reuse, but the Correcting Cream was left behind a little on the white pad even with pad cleaner (in the center oddly enough, but not the rest of the pad). Nonetheless that's being nit picky and that's not the intention here. I absolutely love these pads and now waiting to see how durable they are.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to respond to myself (grin). I used the BOSS pads this past weekend (white and orange) with amazing satisfaction and results. The white pad is the firmest foam I've ever used, and the orange one isn't too far behind it - both have amazing cutting ability, of course the white has more - but the orange is no slouch. Both used with BOSS Correcting Cream (not the Fast Correcting Cream). They make any polisher run smoother. My only minor complaint was that I could not get them "spotlessly clean" after use. Don't get me wrong, they came more than clean enough to reuse, but the Correcting Cream was left behind a little on the white pad even with pad cleaner (in the center oddly enough, but not the rest of the pad). Nonetheless that's being nit picky and that's not the intention here. I absolutely love these pads and now waiting to see how durable they are.
    They are very durable.

I have been using the boss system since it came out. In july 15

And i still have some of the first pads i used, lol they are not the best looking the face is a little shriveled, but none the less if they were the last pads in my shop i would still be able to use them and get good results lol.

The pads really are bullet proof, i never had a pad fail or Delaminate.

And the great thing about griots is, if you ever do have a pad fail pre mature , you will have a replacement in the mail with one email.

A1 customer service

Post Thanks / Like

Foam performance aside, Griot's boss pad has the best design imo. The hole at the center prevent the center from collapsing. The edge of the pad also doesnt shed as easy after pre-long use.

Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm using the B&S Low Pros with my G15 with excellent results and fantastic smoothness of the polisher. However, B&S just came out with another set of long throw pads-- the Uro Tecs. Both have the hole in the center, but the Uro Tecs don't have the firm backing of the Lo Pros. The Low Pros are like the LC HD pads and the Uro Tecs are more like Rupes and Boss pads. I've never had a B&S pad delaminate or self destruct. Here's a link to the new Uro Tecs: Buff & Shine Uro-Tec Foam Pad System for long throw orbital polishers

Post Thanks / Like

BOSS pads are excellent. However, I have tried using my G21 with LC 6.5" CCS pads. It's works pretty good, honestly, I have less vibrations with the CCS pads than BOSS pads. CCS pads will do less cutting though, due to more cushioning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12