autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally Broke Out The BOSS

Weekend warrior here, used a Porter Cable 7424 for years, nice machine no complaints. Well finally decided to move up, after some research picked up a Griot's G15.

Offered to break it in on my friends Tacoma, 5 years of machine washes never seen the inside of a garage so needed some TLC. Just for kicks decided to use the PC with orange/white flat Lake County pads and the Griots with white/yellow Griots pads, doing a side by side to see the difference. Used up some full bottles of Meguiar's 105/205 I had laying around. The Griots was smoother faster and such a pleasure to use. What really suppressed me was how little dust the BOSS kicked up with the 105 compared to the PC. I'm talking a real difference! Really wish I had taken pics of the whole process, especially the difference in dusting.

Needless to say after we each had a chance doing a comparison the PC was put away, just wonder why it took so long to move up.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally Broke Out The BOSS

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Weekend warrior here, used a Porter Cable 7424 for years, nice machine no complaints. Well finally decided to move up, after some research picked up a Griot's G15.

Offered to break it in on my friends Tacoma, 5 years of machine washes never seen the inside of a garage so needed some TLC. Just for kicks decided to use the PC with orange/white flat Lake County pads and the Griots with white/yellow Griots pads, doing a side by side to see the difference. Used up some full bottles of Meguiar's 105/205 I had laying around. The Griots was smoother faster and such a pleasure to use. What really suppressed me was how little dust the BOSS kicked up with the 105 compared to the PC. I'm talking a real difference! Really wish I had taken pics of the whole process, especially the difference in dusting.

Needless to say after we each had a chance doing a comparison the PC was put away, just wonder why it took so long to move up.
    Congrats on the upgrade, it's a great feeling getting a new machine.

And the Boss machines are really nice.

Ya it is a night and day difference in working with a upgraded machine, and no need to worry about pics, this is the first of many!

And you will only get better as the more cars you do.

I highly recommend trying the Boss creams they are really elite polishes, and you said you was impressed with the little dusting ?

The Boss creams don't dust at all, long work time, easy wipe off, and have a great scent.

Check out the review I did on the Boss system on a really bad black zr1 I did.

Congrats on your machine, and if you ever have any questions about it , don't be afraid to shoot me a PM.

Happy polishing

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ad.php?t=99475

There's a link to the thread

Post Thanks / Like

Joe nice review and great job on the ZR1. Yep like anything else will improve over time.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No pics?
    Would love to see the results, before and after.
    '13 Mustang GT
    '07 Night Rod Special

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion:

Get a 3" backing plate for PC. Then ya got a machine for tight places and a wax spreader as well.

Post Thanks / Like

The Griots was smoother faster and such a pleasure to use.
    i am the jump starter.

Super Member coles_paint_correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats man, myself just picked up a g21 griots and am excited aswell to use. After much debate i finally have something lol.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigry18 View Post
    Congrats man, myself just picked up a g21 griots and am excited aswell to use. After much debate i finally have something lol.
    Congrats if you ever have any questions about the boss system, pads,creams,machine pm me anytime

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigry18 View Post
    just picked up a g21 griots and am excited as well to use.
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I used my G15 for the first time this weekend...I would echo your comments darn near exactly! So smooth over the PC and a LOT quieter. Made quick work of defects and swirls that the PC would have struggled with. I went with the Griots Fast MF pads D303 and finished with Megs MF Finishing Discs and their finishing wax. The before and after is just after the D303 correction.

Finally Broke Out The BOSS-069-jpgFinally Broke Out The BOSS-076-jpg

Only complaint I had was the heat...the G15 seemed to get really hot and stay hot. Did you notice that at all with yours? I ended up putting it down and in front of a fan after each section pass to keep it cool.
    Cole Orick
    Owner Operator Desert Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast