autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I bit the bullet.. I just bought a G21

Do you guys find any negatives in the Griots foam pads? Or would you say they're inferior to either the Buff & Shines, Rupes or the LC Orbitals?

And I read a post that said the interface pad is pretty much useless because it can break apart if used over speed 4? So does that really mean it's totally useless?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I bit the bullet.. I just bought a G21

I picked up a G15 on the sister site this week, same package with the pads. I already had some of the GG pads as I was using them with the GG Boss polishes on my GG6. I love the pads and polishes, and looking forward to breaking in the 15 tomorrow. I will also play around with some other pads, I have a pretty wide variety, but the Boss ones have been very impressive so far.

Post Thanks / Like

@Rmd. That's great to hear. Is there anything their polishes compare to? Fast Correcting Cream maybe M101? Correcting Cream maybe Ultimate Compound? Perfecting Cream, what about the Finishing Sealant? Do you use that as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Do you guys find any negatives in the Griots foam pads? Or would you say they're inferior to either the Buff & Shines, Rupes or the LC Orbitals?

And I read a post that said the interface pad is pretty much useless because it can break apart if used over speed 4? So does that really mean it's totally useless?
    I've used all those pads on my G21 and have found zero negatives to them at all. They're great pads. I like the new ThinPros as well, and the microfiber pads Griots makes are just as good(if not better) than the Megs / Buff and Shines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I've used all those pads on my G21 and have found zero negatives to them at all. They're great pads. I like the new ThinPros as well, and the microfiber pads Griots makes are just as good(if not better) than the Megs / Buff and Shines.

Right on👍🏽
    The only thing they don't have at the moment is their own microfiber finishing pad. The Megs should work just fine though. But overall I haven't read a bad thing about the pads so far. And even the polishes sound solid.

Post Thanks / Like

@Rmd. That's great to hear. Is there anything their polishes compare to? Fast Correcting Cream maybe M101? Correcting Cream maybe Ultimate Compound? Perfecting Cream, what about the Finishing Sealant? Do you use that as well?

You may like these

Mike gives an excellent breakdown of the products.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ng-system.html

griots boss system correcting a lexus gs350

You are probably on the right track with your assumptions. You should still be able to use your existing Meguiar's products with these pads as well. If you are looking to stay within the Griot's family they just came out with Liquid Poly Wax which is a dedicated sealant with no abrasives. Seems to be really nice based on what was said over on Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

@The Guz. Thx for the links.
    And 1 thing I'm looking forward to is finally being able to use M100. The HF could never handle it and finish out properly.

As far a lsp ehh I'm not interested in staying in any system. I've got what I use.
    I did however order some DP Poxy Sealant or whatever it's called.. Did you choose that 1?

Post Thanks / Like

@The Guz. Thx for the links.
    And 1 thing I'm looking forward to is finally being able to use M100. The HF could never handle it and finish out properly.

As far a lsp ehh I'm not interested in staying in any system. I've got what I use.
    I did however order some DP Poxy Sealant or whatever it's called.. Did you choose that 1?
    Gotcha. You will like M100. DP Poli-Coat is very nice. I have it as well.

Since you still have M205 don't forget that you can take advantage of using it on a microfiber finishing disc for a one step. Mike Stoops pointed that out to me. Detailed Image has a write up of that as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Gotcha. You will like M100. DP Poli-Coat is very nice. I have it as well.

Since you still have M205 don't forget that you can take advantage of using it on a microfiber finishing disc for a one step. Mike Stoops pointed that out to me. Detailed Image has a write up of that as well.

Yup. It's funny you bring up Stoops and M205 on a microfiber finishing disc.. A close friend of ours named Bob swears by M100 on a microfiber finishing disc on a Rupes LHR 21. I'm sure that similar method of liking M205 on a finishing disc was brewed between them 2. Lol.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All the boss pads are bullet proof I been using them since the system came out.

And the back Velcro is apart of the pad not used with glue as Jeff brown stated what does glue do when it gets hot ?

They are bullet proof.

And that was an Amazing deal for 399.

And if you got the certificates for 150 that means you got 300 in that awesome kit.

Those pads towels alone would of cost you near 100$

I know you was a big rupes fan and even dogging the griots a bit.

However you will be blown away when you use it.

As I don't understand how people can knock a machine that never even used it.

You will be blown away, at how much faster defect removal is going to be.

Enjoy it I love my system and you got a awesome deal.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast