autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: G15 0r G21?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G15 0r G21?

I was strongly considering a BOSS G15 as my next polisher, especially when I saw the "About Grigot's" page on Autogeek which indicated Griot products are manufactured in the U.S. (Indiana I believe) Unfortunately I found out that is not true, and that they are made in China according to Griot's own website. Very disappointed when I saw this.

Post Thanks / Like

Are any polishers made in the USA anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Craig - unfortunately it doesn't seem so anymore. I always buy American when I can, and was hoping the GG Boss was American made, but as mentioned it isn't. So if I can't buy American-made, there are other choices from Germany and Italy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I was strongly considering a BOSS G15 as my next polisher, especially when I saw the "About Grigot's" page on Autogeek which indicated Griot products are manufactured in the U.S. (Indiana I believe) Unfortunately I found out that is not true, and that they are made in China according to Griot's own website. Very disappointed when I saw this.
    i think the manufactured in USA was in regard to their liquids (car wash, polishes/compounds, etc,)...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a GG6 (equipped with a 5" BP and 5.5" pads) for the last five years -- it has served me well and there is nothing it can't correct with the right pad and polish. But, I was tired of switching BP in the middle of a detail to use 4" pads for the small bits. And, wanted something less tiring.

I went with the G15 since I only take care of our two cars and sometimes a friend or relative so I didn't need the extra correcting ability and felt the G15 would get into more spaces than the G21.

Well I couldn't be happier--the G15 (with standard B&S 5.5" pads) cut my polishing time almost in half with so much less effort it is amazing--little to no downward pressure needed. I've had no problem doing curved panels with 2 Griots supplied spacer washers installed.

Based on my initial testing the G15 is even smoother and more effective with the new B&S Low-Pro pads designed for large throw polishers so can't wait to do my full detail in the spring. And, I have the security of knowing both my polishers are covered by Griots lifetime warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Ski2 - what pads are you currently using with your G15? Are you just using the new low profile pads, or have you also tried other pads? I saw a vid that indicated you should use their proprietary pads (the new thin ones you mentioned), but wondering if there is any reason not to use LC CSS pads if you have a large quantity/investment in them?

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Craig - unfortunately it doesn't seem so anymore. I always buy American when I can, and was hoping the GG Boss was American made, but as mentioned it isn't. So if I can't buy American-made, there are other choices from Germany and Italy.
    Lifetime warranties are usually not offered
    by many of those other choices though.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

G21 will have more balls based on momentum alone. Get a 5" backing plate.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Lifetime warranties are usually not offered
    by many of those other choices though.

Bob
    That was kind of my point- anymore, the heavy hitters all seem to make good machines, so go with the combination of features and warranty/customer service that fits your needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my G15 and I am loving it. I went over my Jeep hood again and it totally removed all swirls vs my Porter Cable which i guess i needed more passes. In about 15 mins i did the whole hood. It feels like a professionals machine.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.