autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage BOSS long throw DA

Quote Originally Posted by AbileneAutoWerx View Post
    If you're on a budget the Megs MT300 is a great machine. I've had mine a little over a week and have done my '15 Sierra and '14 RAM plus four customers vehicles. I'm using the Megs thin pads and it's been correcting anything I throw at it. I wouldn't upgrade to the FLEX unless my 300 doesn't last and I don't see it quiting on me anytime soon. I am going to buy a 15mm long through just to have one and to maybe use on larger panels like hood and roof.

I agree. The MT300 fits a nice sweet spot in the market for price and performance. Its definitely a step up from a PC, but not all the way up to a Rupes or Boss or Flex. Meguiars has fine tuned that tool to work exceptionally well with their new thin foam discs. And we already know Meguiars has a variety of great compounds and polishes.

If you are going to go with a long throw tool, go all the way to a 21mm. My recommendation would be the original Rupes.

Keep in mind, the Flex is forced rotation, so its a little tougher tool to handle. It requires a little more man power. With that said it also has more ability than a traditional DA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I agree. The MT300 fits a nice sweet spot in the market for price and performance. Its definitely a step up from a PC, but not all the way up to a Rupes or Boss or Flex. Meguiars has fine tuned that tool to work exceptionally well with their new thin foam discs. And we already know Meguiars has a variety of great compounds and polishes.

If you are going to go with a long throw tool, go all the way to a 21mm. My recommendation would be the original Rupes.

Keep in mind, the Flex is forced rotation, so its a little tougher tool to handle. It requires a little more man power. With that said it also has more ability than a traditional DA.

Why a 21mm throw vs a 15mm? I'm not going to be doing trucks but my new 15 GT and the Lexus is250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsuperbee13 View Post
    Why a 21mm throw vs a 15mm? I'm not going to be doing trucks but my new 15 GT and the Lexus is250

In the case of the Boss, I'd go 21mm and get the 5" backing plate, then you can use both size pads. I just ordered one a few minutes ago, I went with the 21mm and got the additional backing plate.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

What's y'all's opinions on Griot's polish,wax and other chemicals? I've never tried them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsuperbee13 View Post

If you are doing it for your own cars get the 15mm. It will fit in more places and you can always get the 6" backing plate for it too.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a global economy. I don't feel that patriotic anymore(in the traditional sense.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AbileneAutoWerx View Post
    What's y'all's opinions on Griot's polish,wax and other chemicals? I've never tried them.

I can't speak for the polishes that come with the BOSS system, but their Machine Polish 1-4 you can do a lot better elsewhere.

A lot of their other products are pretty good - their Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner, Rubber Cleaner, Interior Cleaner etc I like a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    If you are doing it for your own cars get the 15mm. It will fit in more places and you can always get the 6" backing plate for it too.
    I'm the same way, 15mm over the 21mm. Unless you're doing a lot of flat panels then the 21 works, or else the extra throw in tight area and on curves is a hindrance not a help.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard their wheel cleaner is really good so I'm going to try it out. I was hoping opinions have changed with their waxes and such and maybe with the BOSS they will. 21mm throw is just to much for me....I like precision detail and don't mind it taking a while. Shoot the 15 may be to much throw for me. I might ought to look at the 12.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the swirls, scratches, and pigtails. I need something that's going to have be able to clean up the front end pretty good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast