Just bought one and used for the first time tonight. Worked only on the trunk to give it a go. At first, it seemed surprisingly smooth, I was impressed...but a little bit into it, as the pads began to saturate, the vibrations got noticably stronger. I assume this is normal as the pads get heavier, but it seemed a little too much.

Considering I have nothing to compare it to, how can I tell if this is normal or if I may have picked up a defective DA? The panel I worked on isn't terribly large, about 6 square feet and I broke it up into 4 sections...between the compound and the polish, I probably worked the tool for about 30 minutes...45 minutes later my hands still feel a little tingly(super scientific, I know). It feels like this thing would kill me if I tried doing the whole car in 1 day.

Also, after just doing the trunk lid, I completely understand why most talk about going to a 5" plate/pad, so I'll be ordering a 5" and 3" before I tackle the rest of the car. Tonight I used what the tool came with, a 6" plate and orange pad for the compound, and I bought a black microfiber pad that I used for the polish. Would stepping down to a smaller plate/pad increase or decrease the amount of vibrations from the tool?

Thanks.