autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

7424 to Griots 6"

Long time lurker here at the forum. Made my 1st purchase way back in '08. Thanks to lots of help from a gentleman named "Killerwheels"" (not sure if he's still around), I purchased a PC 7424 kit. I was hooked immediately and became a huge fan of the Wolfgang line (Fuzion, the Twins, DGPS). Thanks to a growing family, I made the difficult choice to sell my Corvettes and detailing became something that I lost interest in. About a year ago, I purchased a 2014 (black) Charger and decided to break out the PC and the Wolfgang products. Probably don't need to mention that the Autogeek bug bit me again!

I recently decided to upgrade from the PC. Since I did not want to spend $$ on something that I really didn't need, I spent hours comparing the PC 7424XP, the Griots, and a few other DA's. Ultimately, since the upgrade from the old PC to the XP didn't seem like that much of a leap, I decided to give the Griots a try. The warranty didn't hurt either...

So here I am again. Spending hours (and dollars) on Autogeek!

Any advice on the Griots? Plan on 5 1/2" pads and using the twins as in the past. Any combination that really works well that I've missed over the last couple of years? The McKee's paint coating definitely looks interesting...can it be topped with an LSP (or does it even need it?). So, fire away. Let me know what works well and where to spend my hard earned dollars next...

Thanks for the help in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7424 to Griots 6"

Already purchased some 5 1/2" BOSS pads and the correcting cream. Curious to see how much better(?) the GG6 will be compared to the original PC7424.

Spent the last few days on the forum reading about more new products that I'm not up to speed on. Too many choices...

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried the GG6 but I have the GG3 with the LC flat pads. I move from the PC to toe Flex 3401 then the GG3 then the PE8. I think you will enjoy the GG6.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnjroz View Post
    The McKee's paint coating definitely looks interesting...can it be topped with an LSP (or does it even need it?).
    The Paint Coating is nice stuff. No need to top with anything but can be maintained with a 'booster' like Gyeon Cure or other SiO2 product/spritz. Nice looks and pretty decent 'stay clean' characteristics.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem that I have with the coating is that it would last too long...meaning I actually enjoy trying out different products. I used WGDGPS this past fall just to get through the Wisconsin winter and it held up surprisingly well. I'm looking forward to a quick polish and then applying some Fuzion.

The more I look at the McKee's though, the more I'm tempted. Thinking of using that and their Hydro Blue to maintain it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnjroz View Post
    Curious to see how much better(?) the GG6 will be compared to the original PC7424.
    the GG6 is like the PC on steroids, very noticeable...